Ballast Ballast Box weight for a L2800

/ Ballast Box weight for a L2800 #1  

MichaelME

Greetings from a new L2800 HST owner. Looking for a clue on how much a ballast box for this tractor should weigh. I will be running it with a old 470 lb. grooming mower on the three point during the mowing season and the ballast box for the fall, winter and mud seasons.

The FEL is a LA463-1 with a L2256 SS, quick disconnect bucket. I bought a set of 4' forks when I got the unit and just love the darn things. The tires are loaded industrials. Nice tractor with no three point hitch issues. A far cry from my naked 20+ year old L235. Still love that old gear job and it was a good and faithful tug for many years.

I have enjoyed reading the comments on this list for a number of months and they certainly helped me in more ways than one. Thanks to all who take the time to write.

/ Ballast Box weight for a L2800 #2  
The ballast box that Kubota shows for the L series is rated at 1000 lbs when using dry sand plus the wieght of the box which is about 150 lbs. I filled mine with #57 limestone. Don't know if that is more or less than 1000 lbs, but it anchors the butt of my L3400HST nicely.

/ Ballast Box weight for a L2800 #3  
I know 830lbs works very well no matter what I have had in the FEL...also loaded rear tires.