B3030 3PH questions

/ B3030 3PH questions #1  

'Bota Fan

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030 HSDC
There's a control below the seat of my B3030 to adjust the "drop rate" of the 3PH. I like to set it as slow as possible so I don't slam the 7' RFM on the ground. Seems like I have to continually adjust the control to keep it on "slow". Do you have similar troubles with the 3030, is this a fact of life for all 3PH's, or does mine need an adjustment?

Also, if you're running an RFM, do you always raise it up before going in reverse, such as when you need to realign the tractor to the grass cut pattern? I'm always afraid going in reverse with the RFM on the ground will put too much pressure on the frame and bend it.

/ B3030 3PH questions #2  
Regarding the adjustment for the 3PH, I adjusted mine when I first bought the tractor and haven't touched it since (90 hours). It's always stayed the same. Sounds like you may have a small problem but I can't tell you what to do about it. I'd bring it up to the dealer if you get the tractor serviced or when something else needs work.

/ B3030 3PH questions
Thanks, Double 00. I suspected I had a problem but I'm just getting around to addressing it. :rolleyes:

TBN - the best! :D

/ B3030 3PH questions #4  
My experience is similar to 00 Soul's... it should stay where you set it at.

/ B3030 3PH questions
Hey DiezNutz,

I was hoping to hear from you since you've been operating your 3030 for a while now. These responses give me good ammunition when I address the drop rate problem with the service dept. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help. I enjoy reading your posts. :)

/ B3030 3PH questions #6  
Same here, adjusted and have not touched. When backing up with rotary mower I just make sure i go slow and watch for anything might bind the wheel or mower. If it was a rough area i would raise the mower up first.

/ B3030 3PH questions #7  
[quote='Bota Fan]Hey DiezNutz, I was hoping to hear from you since you've been operating your 3030 for a while now. These responses give me good ammunition when I address the drop rate problem with the service dept. :rolleyes:
Thanks for your help. I enjoy reading your posts. :)[/quote]Anytime! Thank you for the kind words :)