BX24 3PH Arm Movement

/ BX24 3PH Arm Movement #1  

dsvaleri

Tractor
Kubota BX24TLB
I have never removed the BH from my BX24 or used the 3PH. The other day I engaged the wrong level which lifted the 3PH lift arms all the way up, I could hear the pressure load up as they reached the top of there swing. Once I realized I had the wrong lever I backed off and tried to reverse the movement of the arms. I tried to lower the arms a little, but they wouldn't move down. As I said above I have never used the 3PH. Is something locked that would prevent the arms from dropping back down? Or does the BH need to be removed for the arms to move down?

/ BX24 3PH Arm Movement #2  
There is no hydraulic downforce on those arms. You need to have some weight on them for them to lower. With an implement on the 3ph, gravity does the job when you push the lever to the lower position. You could probably hold the lever in the lower position and force the arms down with your other hand. I can't think of any reason why you would want to do that with the backhoe attached, however.

/ BX24 3PH Arm Movement #3  
dsvaleri
they are gravity return move the lever and push them down tractor dosen't even have to be running.

tom

/ BX24 3PH Arm Movement
Thanks for the information and your patience with my rookie questions!! You guys are a great knowledge base.