Love my BX!

/ Love my BX! #1  

BANDAMAN

Silver Member
Tractor
Deere 318
Well, its been a looooong time since I stopped by here. I needed to use the awesome search feature and find a cross reference for oil filters, so I thought I would say hi while here. I want to thank those who gave me advice and helped me purchase my BX2230 almost 3.5 years ago. At the time I lived in MI and had 1.18 acres to mow and about 50-75" of snow to move each season. Along with some landscaping projects I found the machine very useful.

I recently moved back home to Iowa and bought another 1.16 acre parcel. This time I have heavy landscaping, a pond and wooded areas. I probably only have 1/2 acre of grass to mow now. I used the BX and a lawnboy push mower for awhile and then bought a JD LX279 this summer which fits around all the trails and tight areas on my property much better. At that point I considered selling the BX, since it was really overkill for the place and the 60" mower deck was responsible for more turning then mowing.

I thought about it a bit and decided not to sell the machine. It is just too handy and fun to have around. I use it for everything!!! I still mow with it occasionally and it makes short work of the main part of the yard. I use the bucket constantly and have never used a wheel barrow once in 3.5 years. I use the backblade for leveling and moving snow. I've pulled out roots, dug up old retaining walls, backfilled landscaping projects, ripped up sod, moved junk, hauled equipment back to my shed on the back of the property, hauled rock for a co-worker, helped a neighbor with some drainage issues, helped another with a nasty overgrown bush, helped my bro-in-law with multiple projects, let my mom and dad borrow it for some landscaping and mowing duties, sprayed my yard for weeds, sprayed the woods for bugs, etc, etc, etc. Seems like it is very popular in the neighborhood. I now have just over 200 trouble free hrs of seat time on it.

My most recent uses were bringing it right in the garage to haul out demolition debris for a remodel project. Used the bucket to dump into a trailer I had out in the driveway. I also have a receiver style hitch for the 3 point and it is extremely handy. I back right up to my 21' Baja, lift the 3 point and use it to back that 101" wide boat in my 105" garage door! Oh yea, boat is about 4500 lbs and the little bugger doesn't even flinch moving it around.

Can you tell I love this thing?

If you don't have one, get one.....if you do have one, keep it!! I am sure I will come up with another 1000 uses for it soon.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Quad and Truck Feb 2006 019.jpg
    Quad and Truck Feb 2006 019.jpg
    472.5 KB · Views: 1,130
  • garage remodel sept 2007 016.jpg
    garage remodel sept 2007 016.jpg
    385 KB · Views: 1,072
  • snow pics 006.jpg
    snow pics 006.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 1,125
Last edited:
   / Love my BX! #2  
Oooooo! Ahhhhh! Look at the pretty chrome hooks.

Try 10,000 uses. Come up with a new one every day, it seems. I would sell my car before I sold my tractor. As long as my wife let me borrow hers...

/ Love my BX! #3  
3.5 years and only 200 hours ?!! Probably still has that new tractor smell!
C'mon Man, you gotta get to work! :D
I hear ya... the only wheelbarrow I own is this 30HP 4WD one. Some days that's all it gets used for....good excuse as any.

/ Love my BX! #4  
Amen. A good tractor is an absolutely invaluable tool. I got so sick of spending more time keeping my old tractors running than I did on them, and since buying a brand new BX, I've been about fifteen million times more productive. And I even used it the other night to move some potted plants around like in the brochure. I almost wanted to stop, but some gel in my hair and put on some Docker pants and a tucked-in collared shirt. ;)

/ Love my BX! #5  
I love my BX too!!! I even get the mail with it!!! The tractor is so usefull!!!

/ Love my BX!
Yea, I figured 200 hrs was kinda low, but I don't have much land to maintain, and it was also not used much the last year since I was moving and lived in some temporary housing while I stored the tractor. At this rate it should be good for at least another 20 years....

Oh yea, I've gotten the mail several times, and last night I carried the garbage can to the end of the driveway. Why not? :)

/ Love my BX! #8  
Wow... I don't think my BX-23 was that clean and bright the day it arrived from the dealer. I have 330 hours in 3 years and it looks like its been in a Mud Bog most of its life. I sure love it. I put down 23 ton of 2A limestone with it today. I finally broke down and put BX-24 front wheels and R4 tires on it last week and I got them Foamed. I have had 12 flats and had to replace 2 tires since I got the BX. As soon as I can raise the money for new rear tires and $400 worth of Foam, I'll be putting them on. The foam on the fronts was $52/tire and foaming the Rears will be $206/tire.

/ Love my BX! #9  
I'm one of the few people disappointed in my BX... It work great... Strong tractor... But the loader has no lifting power and its the trippyest tractor I've ever had... I tried to fix the tipping problem buy putting duels on the rear and doing that snapped an axle... My B8200 Kubota spoiled me... Now that a real tractor...

/ Love my BX! #10  
Yep, I still love mine, but occasionally love hurts. Or love stinks, according to the J. Geils band.
Just like the love of a good woman...
;)