Genuine Kubota paint ??

/ Genuine Kubota paint ?? #1  
Tractor
Kubota B6100 - 4x4
I have a B6100 (early 80's model). I need some blue and some orange Kubota paint for touch ups ...... suggestions?

Furthermore, any preparation advice before painting?

Cheers!

Eric

/ Genuine Kubota paint ?? #4  
Wow, small world, I was just in that area a few weeks ago, my best friend lives there, well near Aylmer actually, just off the "Chemin de la Montagne". Funny who you meet in cyberspace! :D

Oh and there are non-dealer paints that are a really good match too. Was a thread here not too long ago about the actual mixing colors you can get done at a paint store for a perfect match. Waaayyyyyy cheaper than the "official" Kubota paint.

/ Genuine Kubota paint ?? #5  
If memory serves me correctly there is an old and new Kubota Orange.:D :D

The paint on my tractor does not match either one!:D :D

/ Genuine Kubota paint ?? #6  
Went to tractor supply. They had the 'new' Kubota orange. After primer (used white) and two coats of the 'new' orange it matched perfectly. I believe it was $5.99.

Keith

/ Genuine Kubota paint ?? #7  
Stoweski, I also went to Tractor Supply, bought a quart of Kubota Orange, used white primer and it does not match very well. I only used one coat of orange, however. It is a paller orange, very much like Home Depot orange. I was thinking of buying a can of spray and going over it again to see if it will match better. Maybe adding another coat would help?

Marv

/ Genuine Kubota paint ?? #8  
golfbum said:
Stoweski, I also went to Tractor Supply, bought a quart of Kubota Orange, used white primer and it does not match very well. I only used one coat of orange, however. It is a paller orange, very much like Home Depot orange. I was thinking of buying a can of spray and going over it again to see if it will match better. Maybe adding another coat would help?

Marv

Hi Marv,

Not sure if there is a difference between the spray and the quart container but there might be. I was a bit disappointed at first because the first time I sprayed it on it didn't look as though it was going to match. After going over it again about an hour later and letting it dry it looked fine.

That would be my guess. And for $6 it may be worth a shot.

Keith

/ Genuine Kubota paint ?? #9  
I just purchased a can of the "New Kubota" orange spray paint from TSC and it matched my L2800 perfectly. I looked at the charts for the quart cans and they only had "Kubota Orange" listed which I assume was the original Kubota color. I don't know why they don't have the "new Kubota" in the quart cans...

/ Genuine Kubota paint ?? #10  
AC orange matched up better on my old Kubota than did the real Kubota paint and it was cheaper.