BX 23 wont shut off

/ BX 23 wont shut off #1  

DannyD

Veteran Member
Tractor
BX 23
Called the dealer, he showed me the fuel shut off valve, now it is off, but...it still wont shut off with key.........

dealer says water in the system, give it time to dry out............4 hours later still wont shut off and the blinkers stay on. I blew out the switches and he described the light problem to a t. Might add the safety switches for falling off the seat...........dont work at this time either.......

I did short out the connection under the seat, tractor stopped, but it still would shut off etc after that.

are there any other fuses that could have blown and not be in the fuse block?

/ BX 23 wont shut off #2  
DannyD said:
and the blinkers stay on. I blew out the switches and he described the light problem to a t.

block?

What was the blinker issue, and how did you fix it? I've been having the same problem with my bx-23. I ended up just disconnecting them at the switch for the time being..

Thanks
Scot

/ BX 23 wont shut off #3  
Blinker issue = water in the blinker switch. When I do wash my BX23 I avoid direct water on the switches and haven't had that prblem since the 1st washing....
Some have switched over to marine type switches as the OEM's will always have this problem.

re won't shut off. 3 things to check.
1) recheck that 20 amp fuse, thats the most common cause.
2) make sure theres 12v getting to the shutoff solenoid, check all the connectors.
3) test the solenoid and replace if it fails. I posted a BX23 WSM troubleshooting guide on this just a week or so ago.
Good luck

/ BX 23 wont shut off
Thanks, everything is tight, I found the part you are speaking of, and the dealer suspects still could be water. He told me this part usually wont let one start, since it is in effect the fuel shutoff. I am going to price on closer to me anyway.

For now, using the lever to cut off fuel...........

/ BX 23 wont shut off #5  
For my switches I drilled a small hole in the bottom of each switch and blew them out with compressed air. Then put some wd40 type stuff in them to displace water and I haven't had a problem since and I have washed the tractor two or three times since.

/ BX 23 wont shut off #6  
Danny,

I don't know if you got this issue resolved yet...but same thing happened to me last yr (at about 50 hrs). Some brush tore the electrical plug in front of the left rear tire (there's a cut off switch there). That caused the 20 amp fuse to blow which controls the solenoid. When I looked at the fuse block, I checked the "solenoid". However, the fuse block was mislabled. Once the correct fuse was found and the wires repaired, the issue was gone. I now keep a zip tie on the solenoid so that I can always shut it off if it were to happen again.