Parking brake light

/ Parking brake light #1  

8226hamer

Silver Member
Tractor
Started with a B-20 Kubota, then B2910, now L2800
It sure would be nice if Kubota would include a warning light for when your parking brake is engaged. I got to run my neighbors New Holland and it had a red BRAKE light that lit up on the dash when the P brake was engaged. How many have you ran your Kubota tractor with the P brake egaged? I have several times. I now have owned 5 different Kubotas and none of them have had this feature.
Another feature that I liked on the New Holland was the push button cruise control. It seems the cruise control lever on all the Kubotas I have owned would in time would start slipping back down and I'm always having to push it back up to mantain the speed I want. The New Holland, once the button was pushed it was locked in at that speed until you hit the button again and then it would release.

/ Parking brake light #3  
I agree. I've driven mine with the parking brake engaged also. I did expect that the Grand Ls have one.

Never used my cruise control at all. That said I probably spend a fraction of the time you do so keeping the HST pedal pressed has never bothered me.

/ Parking brake light #4  
silverking said:
My Grand L has one.
So does mine :)

But it is hard to see in bright sunlight. FWIW I listen to the engine. If it is "laboring" I check the parking brake before I increase the throttle :cool:

Talon Dancer

/ Parking brake light #5  
I had thought about adding a warning buzzer once, then I thought of a few scenarios where it would become incredibly irritating. By now, I've learned:
  1. How to set the brake nice & firm
  2. The habit of tapping the brake pedals when I hop on, before I touch the HST treadle
  3. The difference in HST whine if Step 2 fails (there's my buzzer, I reckon...)
Still would be a nice feature, but I guess you find ways to adapt to what you don't have. High-falootin' Grand L's...:p:)