Snow Pushing Snow ith BX24

/ Pushing Snow ith BX24 #1  

Dog Lover

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
Has anyone any thoughts on just how well the BX24 does just pushing the snow with the FEL? I am hoping it will do a good job and not need a blade on rear....I was planning on just pushing and letting the FEL load up and keep pushing rather than dumping it. When it gets high enough at the end of push, just load it in FEL and dump further back in the woods or off drive. I am sure some of you have already tried this...did it work well?:confused:

/ Pushing Snow ith BX24 #2  
I don't have a BX24 but I've used the method that you're describing for snow removal many years and it works great. I had a blade on the rear for awhile and never used it so it's gone.

/ Pushing Snow ith BX24 #3  
The bx 24 will push snow very well and you will be surprised. When I was building my house my neighbor was the electrician and it snowed about 5". Just enough that he needed to plow it with his bx23 As soon as I saw how it pushed snow I knew if I was going to live out here I'd need one of those. In 15 minutes he had my 200' drive done. It was a rough stone drive way too. On pavement it plows faster and better. I ended up with a 7510 and is a tool I would never go without again. If it's heavy snow you will need to scoop it and move it away, with light snow you can push until it comes over the top and it will keep going, even with turf tires. So good luck and don't think the bx is any less of a "pusher" than the 7510. I think the bx might better cause it's a few horse more and the smaller tires will give it more torque. Later, Steve.

/ Pushing Snow ith BX24 #4  
No one mentioned that is also fun, you get tractor time in the winter.......see attached pic of me on my 23

Attachments

• 100_10351.JPG
    100_10351.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 801
   / Pushing Snow ith BX24 #5  
For snow removal the bucket will work much better that a rear blade if the snow falls are heavy or there is drifting.:D :D

/ Pushing Snow ith BX24 #6  
Using a FEL bucket is fine. If you have a gravel drive, you may pick up more stone then you would with a rear blade (I do, anyway).
The only thing that happens using the bucket is you run out of traction...that's when it's time to dump and make another pass.

/ Pushing Snow ith BX24 #7  
I also have a 2" thick piece of composite plastic under my bucket to keep the driveway from getting all nicked up. I bolted it to the leading edge. A 2x8 works too but it has to be replaced very quickly if you really abuse it. I did that for a season before I bought the plastic piece. Its actually a plastic 8' plow blade that I cut in half and bolted flat.

/ Pushing Snow ith BX24
Thanks everyone for your input. That is what I was hoping to hear. I too have partial gravel and asphalt. I like the photo of the snow and the BX. It almost makes me wish for some snow......:)

/ Pushing Snow ith BX24 #9  
My driveway is about 800 feet long, all gravel. We got 18" of snow on Valentine's Day last year, and it took me 4 hours to clear half of it using an old Wheel Horse tractor with a 56" front blade and a 48" rear blade. Just as I hit the 4 hour mark, my father-in-law showed up with his Case 580 backhoe and cleared the other half. It took him about 20 minutes.

This will be my first winter with my new BX, and I cannot wait for snowfall! I know removal won't be as fast as it is with a Case 580, of course, but I also know it'll be much quicker than 4 hours for half!

/ Pushing Snow ith BX24 #10  
BX24 does a great job in central NY in Feb 07!

Driveway not as long as yours, but I usually plow my drive, then a path to the shop and dog kennel, then go down the road and clear snow for an elderly woman (hope to go to heaven) in less than an hour.

Attachments

• 100_0747.jpg
    100_0747.jpg
    555.9 KB · Views: 663
  • 100_0764.jpg
    100_0764.jpg
    700.6 KB · Views: 595
  • 100_0766.jpg
    100_0766.jpg
    702 KB · Views: 570