Changing holes on 3 pt. lift rods

/ Changing holes on 3 pt. lift rods #1  

MikeFLA

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500
The Kubota Operators Manual states:

<font color=blue>There are two holes in the lower links. For most operations the lifting rods should be attached to (A) holes. The lifting rods may be attached to (B) hole for higher lifting height. (with reduced lifting force)</font color=blue>

My questions are... Does anyone use (B) holes? How much increased lift height do you get? Do you notice the reduced lifting force?

/ Changing holes on 3 pt. lift rods #2  
I use the B holes, but not for increased lifting height. I use them when plowing in order to keep the plow engaged with the soil. If I use the A holes to do this, the implement doesn't get low enough and if the front of the tractor goes down, the implement comes up and out of the ground. I guess you could refer to it as "extreme float."

/ Changing holes on 3 pt. lift rods #3  
B2400 vs B2410 3pt lift holes

When I got my B2400 the lift rods were in the holes closest to the tractor. I have never moved them and have never been in a situation where I didn't have enough lifting power. I was at the dealer the other day and looked at a B2410. The B2410 is listed as having more 3 point lift capacity than the B2400, 1655 lbs vs 1280 lbs at the lift point. When the B2410 came out I assumed that they had upgraded the hydraulics to get the extra lift capacity. The other day I noticed in a write up on the B2410 that it said they changed the link ratio to increase the power 28%. This implied that they didn't change the hydraulics. I took some measurements of the 3 pt arms, the distance of the 2 holes in the 3 pt arms and the rockshaft arms. They are all the same size on both the B2400 and the B2410. The only difference I could find for the change in link ratio was that the B2400 had the lift rods in the holes close to the tractor and the B2410 used the holes further away. I did a quick calculation and the extra lift you get by using the holes further away is the same as the extra lift advertized for the B2410. If you have a B2400 and wished you had the B2410 lift capacity, now you know how to "upgrade".

Andy

/ Changing holes on 3 pt. lift rods
Re: B2400 vs B2410 3pt lift holes

Andy,

Looks like you did your homework.

Here's a side note. Yesterday I moved the pins on the lift rods to the (B) holes. The holes the manual said will give you greater lift height. Guess what...no difference, none, nada!

Kubota Brochure (2410) <font color=blue>"We've changed the link ratio and increased power by 28% over the previous models"</font color=blue> Sounds like a bunch of marketing BS to me.

I worked for a major pleasure boat manufacturer for years. One 40+ model we designed and manufactured consistently listed to the port side. (Not Good) So we "engineered" and "installed" a <font color=green>"compensatory ballast system"</font color=green> for this boat. (200lbs. of lead weight fiberglassed into the starboard hull side)

The "spin doctors" are hard at work in every company.

/ Changing holes on 3 pt. lift rods #5  
Re: B2400 vs B2410 3pt lift holes

andy: very informative post for us b2400 owners, will check it out.