L 3400 Cuhion Valve

/ L 3400 Cuhion Valve #1  

Jw5875

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400
I just made arrangement for the replacement of the cushioning valve on my L3400 gear trans tractor.

e-mails to Kubota and dealer helped. Kubota will furnish valve, I pay Labor.
(Tractor is out of Warrantee 5 mo's).

I described that this is an issue that will haunt Kubota for future sales of the so called "Economy Tractor" L2800 / L3400.

Now if I trade in the tractor, I can say it was "Updated"

JW5875

/ L 3400 Cuhion Valve #2  
I'd say it is worth doing even if you have to pay for labour. Let us know how it goes.

/ L 3400 Cuhion Valve #3  
I am still am curious what a cushion value is?? They replaced it on my tractor about a month ago and just curious exactly what it is??

/ L 3400 Cuhion Valve #4  
I have L3400 I bought back in 05 I personally havnt driven all that much maybe 60 or so hours. My neighbor has put about 300 or so hours on it. The reason is that I have been in Iraq for over 2 years now. I did notice a problem with lowering the 3pt attachment but I thought it was just the characterics of the L3400. This Cuhion Valve is a new one so I am a bit curious about what the problem is. As far as the other issues that have came up on this site about the L3400 I can honestly say that I am very happy with tractor and it has done me very well even though I limited time on it. I will be back in the states for a short time in October but will be returning back to Iraq for possibly another year. The dealer I bought it from I have not had a whole lot of contact due to time difference and I havnt had any problems.

/ L 3400 Cuhion Valve
Read teg's post

L2800 "standard" tractor - 3 point hitch videos.

JW5855

/ L 3400 Cuhion Valve #6  
He can't see the video's (from another post) "...I cant watch the Utube videos over here due to security reasons so..."

krackerjack9, let me know if you get my PM, :confused: or not..

/ L 3400 Cuhion Valve
Delivered the tractor to the dealer today, will pick it up Monday with hopes of major smoothness. Greeting from dealer ???? (Maybe because he was busy"

Oh Well!!!!!! Monday will tell "The Rest Of The Story" (Paul Harvey)

JW 5875

/ L 3400 Cuhion Valve #8  
It will be nearly as smooth as silk!!!!!!!!!!

/ L 3400 Cuhion Valve
Well I picked it up today, the ride home had my mind going. Anyhow, I tried the scraper blade, it did seem at lot smoother. I will try more heavier 3 pt attachments this week for the real test.

General discussion with dealer ---- valve was replaced with one from a Grand L, old valve will be junked.

JW 5875

/ L 3400 Cuhion Valve #10  
Jw5875 said:
Well I picked it up today, the ride home had my mind going. Anyhow, I tried the scraper blade, it did seem at lot smoother. I will try more heavier 3 pt attachments this week for the real test.

General discussion with dealer ---- valve was replaced with one from a Grand L, old valve will be junked.

JW 5875

Yea Grand L 3010. It is not like the newer style Grand L series since they are external actuators instead of internal.