Hour Meter Question

/ Hour Meter Question #1  

Adam23

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500
Does the hour meter count accuralty no matter what the RPM's are set at. What I mean is my old tractor (Yanmar) would only count correctly on the meter if you were running the RPM's at 2600. The slower you ran the tractor, the slower the meter counted. I assume that the Kubota's meter's count accuratly no matter the RPM, but just thought that I would ask.

/ Hour Meter Question #2  
my bx is elec. so it will even count if the key is on without the motor running

/ Hour Meter Question #3  
Higher quality meters work as you say - they count RPM's not seconds.

Lower quality meters work as you would like - counting seconds, even with the engine off as long as the key is on.

jb

/ Hour Meter Question #4  
All depends on the tractor model. My older B21’s meter is RPM based and my newer L39 is electric based.

MarkV

/ Hour Meter Question #5  
I believe my L3000DT hour meter counts hours based on PTO speed which would be RPM's. I tried to use the engine hour meter once to gauge what time I had to be home. I was using the tractor at less much less than PTO RPM's and was a bit late getting home to the wife and her plans.

Randy

/ Hour Meter Question #6  
My 1995 B7100 had the electric clock (as mentioned above, it was running any time the key was turned on) and my 1999 B2710 had the RPM related meter. I don't really know how Kubota decides which type to use on which models.:confused:

/ Hour Meter Question
Well I guess I am going to have to run a couple of tests. You would think that it would count acuratly anytime that it senses the engine running. Maybe it is one of those things kinda like cellphone reception - it just has not been able to catch up to modern technology!:confused:

/ Hour Meter Question #8  
Adam23 said:
Does the hour meter count accuralty no matter what the RPM's are set at...

Well, it would seem to depend in part on the model and the year of your Kubota.

The earlier and least expensive B models (i.e. B7100, B6100, B5100, B9200, B8200, B7200, B6200, B1550, B1550, B1750, B2150 ... at least those tractors that actually had an hour meter) had an electric meter that started to count as soon as the key was turned on. These meters did not require the motor to be running in order to advance.

In my limited experience, the same is true for all of the earlier BX models including the BX22 and BX23. However, that changed around 2006 with the introduction of the multifunction LCD dash panels. For example, on the newer models with the LCD hour meters, such as the BX24, the engine must now be running in order for the hour meter to advance.

/ Hour Meter Question #9  
lp333 said:
Well, it would seem to depend in part on the model and the year of your Kubota.

The earlier and least expensive B models (i.e. B7100, B6100, B5100, B9200, B8200, B7200, B6200, B1550, B1550, B1750, B2150 ... at least those tractors that actually had an hour meter) had an electric meter that started to count as soon as the key was turned on. These meters did not require the motor to be running in order to advance.

In my limited experience, the same is true for all of the earlier BX models including the BX22 and BX23. However, that changed around 2006 with the introduction of the multifunction LCD dash panels. For example, on the newer models with the LCD hour meters, such as the BX24, the engine must now be running in order for the hour meter to advance.

I just want to clarify my B6200 the Tach and hour meter are run off a cable from the motor not electric. (just replaced it )

/ Hour Meter Question #10  
The Intellipanel on my L3130 is true clock hours and is independent of engine speed. In other words, an engine hour is the same at 1300 RPMs and 2500 RPMs and equals one hour on my watch.