BX24 - this just had to happen

/ BX24 - this just had to happen #1  

richardbro

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
Yesterday, I'm trying to reattach my FEL to the BX24 - the FEL is in the garage (the BH is behind it - next one to get re-attached). I put the BX into low gear and creep up to the FEL from outside the garage - then the motor sputters. I press the HST a bit harder - front wheels go up! Try again - same thing!

What's going on... opps! ROPS still up... :eek: :eek:

/ BX24 - this just had to happen #2  
yeah been there done that . thank you know who that i did not rip the door offf door just went all the way up and tract. fit in.

/ BX24 - this just had to happen #3  
At least you didn't damage the tractor. What about the garage????

/ BX24 - this just had to happen #4  
Yup, been there, done that backing into the garage (today). Good thing there is a large beam above the garage door. :eek:

/ BX24 - this just had to happen #5  
HA HA! I'm up to two incidents now. I'm not bothering to fix my garage door frame until after my third incident. I figure I'll do it one more time before I always remember.

/ BX24 - this just had to happen #6  
Yup, I have two white squares of paint on my rops that I leave there. People always ask what the paint is for. I tell them it is a reminder to me of my own stupidity...we all get a good laugh. Of course, there are two squares above my garage door without paint...I just blame my wife :D

/ BX24 - this just had to happen #7  
Yeah, I've done it twice, when I first got my BX23.

For the life of me, I cannot figure why Kubota made the ROPS so tall. I almost bought the JD 2305 in part because I knew I would hit the garage door with the 'Bota, while the JD ROPS fits just fine. Kubota could have easily made the ROPS a few inches shorter, to fit the standard garage door, with absolutely no degradation in protection.

They DO market these tractors to homeowners, don't they?? So, make it fit in the average home!!

/ BX24 - this just had to happen #8  
Twice on this end, Richard, TWICE!! :eek:

/ BX24 - this just had to happen #9  
If my BX23 rops were just 3 inches shorter it would fit in my garage without lowering...

Now, if I would just remember to release the brake....

/ BX24 - this just had to happen #10  
I have taken to hanging a bungee cord from the door frame. I only remove it after the ROPS is down. I hope that should I ever forget, it will hook me in the nose on the way through as a reminder.

BTW: The fixed ROPS on my BX2200 and B7610 both fit under a standard size garage door, and that was very handy. My Deere barely clears the door with the ROPS in the FOLDED position. I shudder to think what would happen if I went through with it up.