Snow Snow Blower for BX1500: What's Too Big?

/ Snow Blower for BX1500: What's Too Big? #1  

AKFord

Anyone with a BX1500 and a rear mount snow blower, what size are you running? I am looking at a 50" snow blower, is that too big for a 15 horse tractor? I don't want to over do it, 46" seems to be the next size down but I am getting a good price on the 50" model. Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

Jeremy

/ Snow Blower for BX1500: What's Too Big? #2  
I think you will be OK with the 50". More HP would help you grind through snow, so with less HP, you just won't be able to go as fast. If you are getting a good deal, I would say go for it.

The machine will "complain" if you are pushing it too hard.

/ Snow Blower for BX1500: What's Too Big? #3  
Jeremy,

I had the BX2750 front blower on a BX2200 and B7610 (see my pics below). This is a 52 incher. It was all those tractors could handle when the snow got deep. I would get as small a blower as you can get and still cover your wheel tracks. It will be easier on your tractor and you.

KB

/ Snow Blower for BX1500: What's Too Big? #4  
Im looking at a 54 for the rear of my 23.Even then im wondering if in deep snow ,on the first pass if my front wheels will be in the snowbank when going around the corners on my tractor path that goes down back.3 inchs on each side extra.I definately will not buy a 48,but then again got a wee bigger engine,and some on here have used bigger.JEREMY- i think you will be ok,hard going first pass then take a smaller bite after.with an hst you can crawl at a snails pace.kB is this the case usually only hard on the first pass?What do you think of the cornering thing,if you have corners it does want to be wider ,or would it be an issue?
ALAN