QA bucket coming off????

/ QA bucket coming off????
kevinj said:
If the QA is properly locked the pins are under a stop and cannot rise up. If they can rise enough to unhook then the QA or the attachments are made wrong.

The pins are not under any stops on my QA. Welding a stop on my QA, above the pin in the locked position, might be another good way to correct the problem. For now the washers make the spring compress to the max before the pin has enough travel to clear the latch. They move less than a 1/2" now. Does you QA have stops above the pins from the factory? Is it a Kubota QA?

/ QA bucket coming off???? #12  
brianl said:
The pins are not under any stops on my QA. Welding a stop on my QA, above the pin in the locked position, might be another good way to correct the problem. For now the washers make the spring compress to the max before the pin has enough travel to clear the latch. They move less than a 1/2" now. Does you QA have stops above the pins from the factory? Is it a Kubota QA?

I have a Kubota QA and yes it has stops. When you cam the lever over center the spring and bolt go to the outside of the frame and the top of the bolt goes under a small square plate in the corner. If you are not locked right the bolts rest against the stop as opposed to under it where they belong, Thus allowing the pin to ride up and cause a dissconnect.

See the following, you can see the stop over the bolt. I can take a better pic when I get home.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...1179535630-bucket-hook-pics-5-18-2007-002.jpg

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...7d1179018067-bucket-hook-pics-5-12-07-012.jpg

/ QA bucket coming off???? #13  
kevinj said:
I have a Kubota QA and yes it has stops. When you cam the lever over center the spring and bolt go to the outside of the frame and the top of the bolt goes under a small square plate in the corner. If you are not locked right the bolts rest against the stop as opposed to under it where they belong, Thus allowing the pin to ride up and cause a dissconnect.

See the following, you can see the stop over the bolt. I can take a better pic when I get home.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...1179535630-bucket-hook-pics-5-18-2007-002.jpg

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...7d1179018067-bucket-hook-pics-5-12-07-012.jpg

Kevin
I checked my tractor this afternoon and its QA does not have any stops. Perhaps this is a change for the L40s. None of the L30 QAs I have seen have a stop above the bolt (pin).

Vernon

/ QA bucket coming off???? #14  
One question, is this a Kubota QA or an ATI? I have an ATI QA and the levers are held on by a lock nut. If you remove the nut, then remove the levers you will find an indent in the lever hole. A roll pin fits through the shaft the lever fits on and the pin fits into the indent. Sometimes the roll pin will shear and if the nut is tight enough the levers will still function but through usage you can work the latch pins up and unhook the bucket. Check to see if you have sheared roll pins.

/ QA bucket coming off???? #15  
texbaylea said:
Kevin
I checked my tractor this afternoon and its QA does not have any stops. Perhaps this is a change for the L40s. None of the L30 QAs I have seen have a stop above the bolt (pin).

Vernon

That is interesting, I think the loader is the same part number but I am not sure about the QA. Maybe they made a change to the QA. It seems that there should be stops as the springs will not hold well on the taper pins.

Maybe a dealer can comment about a change or if yours is made wrong.

Last edited:
   / QA bucket coming off???? #16  
Do we have any other input or resolutions to the QA isues? I for one am curious about the stop issue that exists or not between various Kubota QA units.

/ QA bucket coming off???? #17  
kevinj said:
Do we have any other input or resolutions to the QA isues? I for one am curious about the stop issue that exists or not between various Kubota QA units.
FWIW my LA724 QA has the little square stops.

Talon Dancer

/ QA bucket coming off???? #18  
TalonDancer said:
FWIW my LA724 QA has the little square stops.

Talon Dancer

Have you taken an more photos of your QA. I really could not see the stops in the two you included before?

Vernon

/ QA bucket coming off???? #19  
texbaylea said:
Have you taken an more photos of your QA. I really could not see the stops in the two you included before?

Vernon
That wasn't me. I haven't posted any photos of the QA. And won't be able to until Monday at the earliest.

FWIW they are simply small metal squares welded to the QA so that the bolt attached to the pin can not rise up too much when the QA handle is in the "locked" position. They are not very close to the top of the bolt. But they are close enough to stop the pin from completely detaching.

Talon Dancer

/ QA bucket coming off???? #20  
Thanks Texbaylea;

I have had the same problem with my L3130 but only with my Bradford forks. I tried your suggestion except I put a couple extra washers on and now it is too tight. But the fork attachment never fell off. I'll take one or two washers off to fine tune it. That's again for the tip.

RPK