QA bucket coming off????

/ QA bucket coming off???? #21  
texbaylea said:
Have you taken an more photos of your QA. I really could not see the stops in the two you included before?

Vernon

Try this one.

Attachments

• 5-18-2007 001 small.jpg
    5-18-2007 001 small.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 204
   / QA bucket coming off???? #22  
I got my new M 108X in December and had my 60" grapple modified by a machine shop back to the skid steer QA system from the KJD Enterprises system on my Massey. I've got all manner of welding equipment and experience but I wanted the tolerances to match the Kubota bucket exactly.

They used the original Kubota bucket that came with the loader as the template. I've got to say that the whole idea of just the beveled tip of a spring loaded pin engaging that 1/2" thick rectangular slot strikes me as dangerously light weight but I'm no mechanical engineer. It just seems like there should be more meat holding the bottom of that attachement on.

The grapple coming off and destroying hydraulic lines used to be a non issue with my KJD loader on my 75 horse Massey. It never happened period. The KD System is also bullet proof and faster with the hooks and pin blocks if you ask me.

Don't get me wrong, I really USE my grapple hard, primarily for stacking downed cut up and some whole trees after a storm or following the dozer and then re-working the burn piles. I have solid filled rear tires on that little Massey so with counter weights, that little 68 PTO horse tractor tipped the scales at just under 10,000. I could man handle entire smaller trees and up to 8' long sections of old growth storm damaged pecans.

Now I get this big honking 108 horse beast with just counter weights and non filled radials (no weight or cajones but nice ride) and I'm doing light clean up because I don't want to scratch or dent my nice new shiny orange toy and the darned grapple keeps coming off.

Honestly, I'm considering calling Kenneth Day at KJD and having him make a KD plate for the Kubota loader and swap all my implements back unless I can fix this.

All hobby horse stuff aside, can you work these QA rigs rigs hard and not have the darned attachments come off? I'm just wondering if I'm expecting too much out of it.

Does anybody have a diagram or picture of these pin stops and do the washers go directly above the top spring? About what thickness should I add.

/ QA bucket coming off???? #23  
723 and 853 loaders had a Kubota fix kit for droping implements. It is a known problem and all those after a certain serial number have the fix.

As for the larger tractor, you may need a kit on it too. The skid steer q/a originated on little skid steers and has evolved into high load use. If you want a bullet proof attachment method get a euro/alo hitch put on. It what ALL large tractors around here use. Kubota doesn't even offer skidsteer q/a on their M-series in Canada except the MX5000 which is really an L-series unit.