BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT

/ BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT #21  
LBrown59 -

sounds like he is calling your baby ugly ;)

/ BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT #22  
Learning the limitations of the machine is half the fun. I, for one am very happy with my 1500. I also don't try to do anything that logically, the machine won't do. Can it do 99% of the stuff I want it to....**** yes it can. It can move dirt, stone, level the yard and it can push alot better than I every imagined it could. I have a hard time buying that it was as bad as the OP states from my experieinces as well as the experience of others who say the same thing.

/ BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT #23  
AceDeuce said:
I don't how you arrived at the conclusion that it won't push snow. Mine handles snow just fine. I've pushed 8" of wet sloppy stuff with a 5' rear blade uphill on gravel with no problem. Same thing with brush piles. As long as you have good traction and you aren't trying to move mountains, it works great. And the PTO is fine for light applications like broadcast spreaders and post hole diggers. Even small rotary cutters and tillers 42"-48" are in the playbook depending on certain conditions.

Agreed. The 1500 will push snow all day long up to around 14" without blinking an eye. the blower makes it even better!!!

/ BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT
WOW!
There is some serious brand loyalty here at TBN. I didn't expect to recieve personal attacks from posting my objective experiences and observations. So if I may:
The BX series tractors are advertised as ideal for "Home Mowing, Gardening, Light Material handling, and Towing." Kubota Corp. states on their web site, "Start with the strength and versatility of a compact utility tractor. Blend them with the agile handling and feel of a garden tractor. Reinforce the end product with incomparable reliability."
I felt it was underpowered. So did my dealer. So did another dealer according to jcpwrsprt.
Dear N80, If you are saying that "I had the expectation that it will do jobs that it was neither designed nor made for and experienced an epiphany when they find that it does not perform well at tasks it was not made for." then please explain why the heck Kubota sells the mowers, grass catcher, and tiller for this tractor if the tractor was not made to handle any of it. It didn't handle or feel like a garden tractor either.
Dear Adam23- you say I expected too much out of the tractor. I expected it to work as advertised. I'm not really sure why you think I wanted it to perform like a garden tracror (though it is advertised as such), a skid-steer ? And a 35HP machine - 35 HP for what? To run a three blade mower deck and collection system at the same time? To run a small 37" tiller? I'm not dreaming out loud, just testing the product to see if it delivers as advertised.
Now dear LBrown59 - you should just cool it before you start posting. Your posts border on insults. That said, LB, I was raised on tractors from the cornfields and farms of OHIO. I have been operating tractors, agricultural equipment, construction, horticulture, turf and grounds, and forestry equipment professionally for the past 30 something years. I know how to work a peice of equipment, and I know how to operate a tractor, you know , gear drive old-school stuff that scares people off. I'm not going to intentionally wreck a peice of rental equipment, but I am going to work a tractor and put it through its paces. If you have to "pussyfoot" with it so it doesn't break, well nevermind. I've read all of your posts and know it is sensless to argue with you,( i.e. ignore lists). But please LB, if you think I am making comparisons about things ,then you made it all up in yur head. But there isn't anything wrong or errors when comparing things. A comparison is just a comparison, simple as that. I offered observations. And did I mention the BX23 demo? The Green AWS Garden Tractor won the pulling contest! Yes, we attached them both with a chain and let it RIP!!!! The Deere WON! I'll be honest though, the Deere had to pull the Kubota out of the field because the Kubota broke down. It wouldn't work as advertised. You know, that bit about incomparable reliability on Kubotas web site ........Your turn LB.

I wouldn't rent anything of mine out either.. And the name Jammer comes from the fact that I make homemade jams. Are you assuming that I have a reputation for abusing machinery. A few slams into a brush pile will break a Kubota ? Nice to know you guys are so gentle with your tractors. What are you afraid of ? Get a Deere and use it like it was meant to.....work.

/ BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT #26  
I have had the same success as everybody else has had with there bx1500. It does everything I have asked it to do and then some. It's amazing how well it moves snow in 2wd let along 4wd.

Jammer I think you need to trade up to this.

Attachments

• 318445952_1e7b8bd062.jpg
    318445952_1e7b8bd062.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 353
   / BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT #27  
Jammer -

As the owner of a BX1500 and past owner of a 2005 Deere garden tractor, I've been watching your posts closely. It is my hope that you won't walk away from the BX1500 with the impression that Kubota tractors are inferior to John Deere. From my experiences, nothing could be further from the truth. Both manufacturers construct quality machinery - just from a different perspective. It happens that you've started your search for the perfect machine with Kubota's smallest sub-compact - and have compared it (probably) to one of Deere's largest garden tractors. Certainly, each have their own merits.

Your last posting concludes, "get a Deere and use it like it was meant to... work." I take exception to this comment because you aren't comparing apples to oranges. Let me give an example. A few years ago, I bought a 14hp Kubota with a rear-mount finish mower to replace my 21" walk-behind Craftsman push mower. I unloaded it from my trailer and tried to mow my lawn. All I managed to accomplish was chewing everything up and leaving the lawn looking awful. After I couldn't find a belly mower anywhere, I sold the Kubota and bought a decent commercial-type walk behind. The lawn never looked better! It took me a while to recognize that it wasn't the Kubota's fault - it just wasn't the right machine for my application. My lawn was on a slope and very rough. Did I come to the conclusion, "get a Scag and use it like it was meant to... work?" No! The Kubota with rear finish mower just wasn't designed for my property - and would have worked just fine on a level, even grade. Luckily, I didn't lose any money on the deal - and neither have you. You should be commended for renting machines before buying - it will certainly save you a lot of money compared to those of us who went out and paid retail for the wrong tractor. As I did with my Deere garden tractor.

The simple reality is that you've discovered all of the BX1500's "shortcomings," which is to say, you've discovered the model isn't right for your property. But for those of us with small lots, short driveways, modest incomes and bad backs, it's the greatest thing to come along since the Wheelhorse.

/ BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT #28  
Jammer said:
I wouldn't rent anything of mine out either.. And the name Jammer comes from the fact that I make homemade jams. Are you assuming that I have a reputation for abusing machinery. A few slams into a brush pile will break a Kubota ? Nice to know you guys are so gentle with your tractors. What are you afraid of ? Get a Deere and use it like it was meant to.....work.

I question whether or not you actually have driven the tractor. Mine (and every other one I have tried) are very tough.. I've slammed mine into brush piles, wood piles and rock piles. The thing just never has blinked one bit. You obviously either got a bum tractor or have driven one. (I would say the later) If a JD will make you happy, go buy one and stop posturing.

leo
Are you implying that I made all of this up just to rattle LB?

Leo,
Are you implying that I made all of this up just to rattle LB?