BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT

/ BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT #1  

Jammer

Although it was fun trying to abuse this little machine tonight, I have to say it is built well because it did not break. I tried out the front blade trying to move the brush pile, which the machine could not do. It was fun slamming into the pile wishing that something would budge - but it didn't. So I tried the compost pile. I could take little bites, but the stench held me back. Now the rear tiller. Went over to the back field where I have an unused garden plot. The tiller worked OK, but only if I creeped as slow as my Troy-built tiller. In fact, I honestly believe that the troybuilt does a better job, much faster than this little tractor. It was really no surprise. IMHO, the BX1500 is a scale version of a real tractor. One of my hopes was to push snow with it, but it won't do the job....NO WAY! I'm thinking "Get a shovel or let the kid play with this thing." What makes this 'story' interesting is that my neighbor came over to see the tiller in action and wanted to try it out on his Green AWS garden tractor. No sooner than he was here, he had the tiller off and hooked up to his machine in no time, the whole time drooling like a dog with a bone. He fired up his Green machine, pulled the switch and that thing was tilling up the garden nearly as fast as he was mowing the lawn. A little exaggeration there. I figured the Kubota just suffered a major defeat to the Green AWS garden tractor once again. Long story short, tomorrows BX23 is going to show that Green AWS garden tractor a thing or two....I hope! The kubota struck out big time. I had my fun,

/ BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT #2  
After reading all of your posts it seems to me that maybe you should buy one of those Green AWS tractors.

/ BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT #3  
The 1500 is only a 2 Cylinder unlike the 3 cyl 18-22-23,etc.
When I inquired about the 1500 to my dealer (during my shopping) they stated the 15 is a little underpowered.

/ BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT #4  
I wonder if you had the HST in Hi Range and/or the parking brake on? Based upon my experience with the BX 1500 (350 hrs), that's the only way to achieve the "underpowered" performance you described, at least with respect to pushing. I agree that 10.6 hp at the pto is of little practical value at the rear pto, but you need to know that going in to the transaction. That's the way the machine is designed and configured. It may be underpowered for your application, but for others like me, the price/performance equation was just right. I have never lacked for power in mowing (no bagger) or FEL operation, except when I left the parking brake on or the HST in Hi range - operator error.

/ BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT
I first tried it in high and then low range. And yes, the brake was off. Although everyone has different needs and expectations from a machine, this one unfortunately for me did not meet them. I'm glad it works for you. It is a well built machine and is a perfect fit for many such as yourself. Now that I have cooled down from my frustrations with it, I realize that I may have been trashing the poor thing which in hindsight i shouldn't have done as bad. And although I admired the green machine, I'm an orange fan. The price on the 1500 is right, and since it failed me, quite unexpectedly, I got a little peeved. Looks like I may have to spend a little more than I thought. It's just a start. I need more power and something bigger and more comfortable if i am going to be living with the thing for years.

/ BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT #6  
It never hurts to spend a bit more now for more power. Over the years of ownership you'll foget about the money and enjoy your tractor.
Good luck.

/ BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT #7  
jeffmazz said:
After reading all of your posts it seems to me that maybe you should buy one of those Green AWS tractors.
The constant theme I see in his post is he is making various apples to oranges comparisons and arriving at skewered conclusions.
His inaccurate assumptions aren't helping anything either.

/ BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT #9  
jeffmazz said:

Some errors he's making in his comparisons>

1-Comparing a garden tractor with a sub- compact .
2-Comparing 4 wheel steer with 2 wheel steer.
3-comparing 4 wheel drive with 2 wheel drive.
4-comparing the maneuverability of his crapsman lawn toy to a sub compact is akin to comparing maneuverability between a Toyota pick up with a Mack truck.

/ BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT #10  
I think that you need to be looking at a "B" series at least for the type of jobs you explain. I think the BX series might be just a bit small for your expectations.