poor fitting 06 BX 2350 panel grill

/ poor fitting 06 BX 2350 panel grill #1  

magnatic

Bronze Member
Tractor
2006 BX2350
The panel grill on my 2350 keeps popping out on either the ride side, left side or both. It's poorly designed. Does anyone know if they have come out with a remedy for this?

/ poor fitting 06 BX 2350 panel grill #2  
Magnatic, here is a list of potential fixes under warranty that you can use to setup an appointment with your local Kubota dealer. Your problem would seem to be the very first one on that list:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Early BX24, BX1850 and BX2350 Fixes by Kubota
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you bought an early version of the recent redesigns, here are the kits to make them equal to current production:

1-Replacement battery cover frame (original doesn't fit properly).

2-Grip Kit (Kubota part number:K2581-9557-0) Contains all the plastic handles and lever sleeves for the levers and knobs. Seems that they go on much tighter than the old ones.

3-Cluster kit: This is the dash cluster for all the gauges. The first design could accumulate moisture inside, or the hour meter may not work properly
BX1850 Part number K2501-6250-2
BX2350/24 Part number K2581-6250-2

4- Fender Kit: For the original fenders that had a tendency to break...
Part number K2581-95522

5-Step stay kit: These are the new brackets that support the floorboard. This is extremely heavy-duty. This has to eliminate any floorboard flex at all.
BX2350/1850 part number K2581-9554-0
BX24 Part number K2592-9554-0

6- Seat modification to correct ealier problem

7-HST adjustments for the abrupt reverse stop problem

/ poor fitting 06 BX 2350 panel grill #3  
lp333 said:
7-HST adjustments for the abrupt reverse stop problem

So there is a fix out there for that? It is my understanding from reading many previous posts that this was 'unfixable'.

/ poor fitting 06 BX 2350 panel grill #4  
KeithInSpace said:
So there is a fix out there for that? It is my understanding from reading many previous posts that this was 'unfixable'.

Keith, as far as I know you are correct. However, I always raise that issue when talking to a Kubota dealer. I figure that it can't hurt to complain about this rather unplaisant behaviour in the newest BX models.

/ poor fitting 06 BX 2350 panel grill #5  
lp333 said:
Keith, as far as I know you are correct. However, I always raise that issue when talking to a Kubota dealer. I figure that it can't hurt to complain about this rather unplaisant behaviour in the newest BX models.

Man you got me all excited that they had a fix! :(

/ poor fitting 06 BX 2350 panel grill #6  
Zick said:
Man you got me all excited that they had a fix! :(

I keep checking with my local dealer and according to them there is not yet a fix for this. I have a bad feeling on this one but I intend to keep asking.

/ poor fitting 06 BX 2350 panel grill #7  
My 2350 is the same way. And, to quote my dealer: "I'm ashamed to say, that this is apparently as good as it's gonna get".

With all the other fixes Kubota stepped up to the plate to take care of, you'd figure they'd have an answer for this as well. Seems like it could be an easy fix compared to some of the other stuff. My 2 cents.

/ poor fitting 06 BX 2350 panel grill
Thank you for your help.

/ poor fitting 06 BX 2350 panel grill #9  
I had my grill replaced and the other mods done on my BX24. All the new parts fit good and the grill is alot better.

/ poor fitting 06 BX 2350 panel grill #10  
marvindmartien said:
I had my grill replaced and the other mods done on my BX24. All the new parts fit good and the grill is alot better.

Yes indeed.

Unfortunately, I have found that some Kubota dealers are reluctant to make some of the above warranty repairs. An example of this was my dealer's initial refusal to replace my battery cover; that's until I got angry about his stalling. One of the first lessons here is that you should be prepared to be firm with your dealer about warranty repairs.

Can someone explain why this reluctance might occur? Could it be that the hourly rate paid by Kubota to its dealers for warranty repairs is much lower than what dealers normally charge to paying clients?