Tractor
    Kubota L2800 HST

Default L2800 Safety shut down

I have been thinking of buying a PTO generator, but I do not won稚 to leave my tractor running that long without having low oil PSI and high temp shut down's on it. Does it already have these and if not how can I install them, were do I get the parts?
    I called my dealer but they didn't know.
    Thanks for the help.

Tractor
    (Kuboto L3400) (Ford 1910 4WD w/FEL) (Deere X748SE) All bought new

Default Re: L2800 Safety shut down

I don't think it has these features. The electrical drawing in the service manual does not show that.

The oil would be easy since a circuit could monitor the light being on. The temp would require an analog level sense of some type.

I am not aware of a kit for this but if there is one I'll be someone on this forum knows about it.
    Kubota L3400-HST, Ford 1910-Gear FEL, John Deere X748SE

Tractor
    Kubota L3540HST+

When I worked for Mitsubishi Caterpillar Forklift, we used to source our engine shutdown units from F W Murphy Co. They offered the best quality and system design that we could find. You'll have to locate a local distributor in your area
    Take a look at this for reference:
    http://www.fwmurphy.com/pdf/WAI-94032B.pdf

art
    Tractor
    all makes and models

We call them murphy gauges and have good luck with there systems when added to machinery.

Depending on the storms you need a generator for would make a difference as to the pto generator or a stationary with an engine. If you need the loader for clean-up then a stationary unit should be installed.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3000DT

Quote Originally Posted by Chris2
    I have been thinking of buying a PTO generator, but I do not won稚 to leave my tractor running that long without having low oil PSI and high temp shut down's on it. Does it already have these and if not how can I install them, were do I get the parts?
    I called my dealer but they didn't know.
    Thanks for the help.
    It definitely does not have these things. It would be hard to add these features, too, because if your tractor is like mine, it has a manual fuel shutoff, not electrical.

I have an L3000 and I wouldn't hesitate for a second to put it to such work without low oil or over temp protection. It doesn't need it. It would take hundreds of hours of running, if then, before it would need any oil. They run stone cold all the time so I can't see it overheating, either.
    Meetings: If more than two people are there, at least one's time is being wasted.