Backhoe Will this work with the BX24 backhoe ?

/ Will this work with the BX24 backhoe ? #1  

TINYTRACTORSERVICE

Will this work with the BX24 backhoe I am looking to take the backhoe and make a Mount on the back of a Suzuki Samari Quick on and off just like the BX then take this Hydraulic powered unit from this post hole unit and Mount it in the back of the Samari to power the backhoe put a seat in the back . This is so I can go down the road or any where that little 4X4 can go and do some backhoe jobs . So what do you think ??? will it work ?? think the Hydraulic unit will do the job?? Give me some input Pls. THANKs TC TINY TRACTOR SERVICE . this is the power pack unit Id like to use ;) Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

/ Will this work with the BX24 backhoe ? #2  
In my area there is an old Ford Bronco, about a 1971 model, that has a permanently attached post hole digger in the back.

I've also seen an old jeep cj running around with a little backhoe...

The Samurai is smaller and lighter...

/ Will this work with the BX24 backhoe ? #3  
I don't see why it won't work as long as isn稚 mounted so that you can still use the stabilizers. There are companies that build small dump trailers with a backhoe on the back. These are used to clean the pits out at car washes. That is something else you might look into. You would need to have a cemetery bucket and take the teeth off. Cemetery buckets have the pin holes in a different location so that square corners can be made.

/ Will this work with the BX24 backhoe ? #4  
A b/h on the back of a Sammi would be an interesting project.
Note that the Suzuki is very light, and that is somewhat of a
limiting factor. I weighed my current 88, after removing the
body and it is only 1200#. Keeping part of the body will push
that up a few hundred #.

The frame is rectangular tubing and that is good, but the height
off the ground in the back is an issue. You will need longer
outrigger feet or mount the hoe below the frame. The BT601
prob weights 700 lb or so, with the subframe.

Also, for hyd power, you can buy a decent pump for $100 and a
10hp motor, and direct-drive the pump for the flow you need.
That is how it is done with the CADDigger home-built units.

If you do it, post some pix. I have seen PHDs on jeeps, but not
backhoes.

/ Will this work with the BX24 backhoe ?
I am not Joking I like some input on this I think this would work grate.To go any where w/a backhoe / freeway/backroads intown where ever that little 4x4 can go??? :cool: THANKs TC

/ Will this work with the BX24 backhoe ? #8  
Know why you don't see any of the Jeep CJs from the 40s & 50s with the backhoe and/or trencher attachments still in use anywhere or see them anywhere other than museums or collections?
'Cause all the frames broke from the stresses that they subjected too but not designed for.
And I hate to think what the rear suspension will bo with all that weight hung off the back, BTW how will you keep the front wheels on the ground?
Don't get me wrong, Samis are tough little buggers, and I've personally seen them go some amazing places and do some amazing things, but I think you just might kill it with that idea.

/ Will this work with the BX24 backhoe ? #9  
I think the sammy frame could be a problem without some plating and having the front wheels on the ground isn't as stable as sitting on the bucket but go for it. The bx is about the same weight as a sammy and that is a little hoe. But really how much trouble is loading and unloading the bx? How often are ya gonna do it? And every time I dig something up I need the fel/box blade to fix the hole and/or dirt back up. Maybe not having the bx along isn't such a good idea afterall.:cool:

/ Will this work with the BX24 backhoe ? #10  
Hey, TC, I think it is doable, but you will just need to modify
some things you may not be planning. As Todd states, the
frame will need reinforcement and suspension will need
stiffening. You will want to mount everything as forward
as possible to minimize lightening the front end too much
for driving on the road. Since that makes everything higher,
your outriggers won't be long enough. If you just hang the
hoe off the back of the frame, you will have 75% of the
weight on the rear tires and control on the road will be dicey.

It is true that at the job site if you have no way to move
dirt around, as with a loader, you are very limited. Before I
bought my first tractor, all I had was my CADDigger, and that
was very limiting. BTW, the CADDigger can be towed to jobsites
on the highway and does not compromise your vehicle. JerryG
mentions attaching a hoe to a trailer. If you did this with your
BT601, you would have a good compromise solution. It would
be towable and make use of your hoe, relatively unmodified.