Hydraulic Questions for My TnT

/ Hydraulic Questions for My TnT #1  

SLOBuds

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L35
I'm going to have CCM help me with a Top and Tilt setup, plus a hydraulic scarifier. They use a questionnaire to help get the ball rolling. A couple of questions I can't answer and don't know where to find the answers.

I have a year 2000 L35.

1. Is your tractors hydraulic system closed center or is it open center?
2. Does your tractor's front end loader have a power beyond beyond port on it?
3. Does your tractor have exterior rear couplers?

Anyone know the answers to these for the L35 - or where I look to find the answer?

I've got the shop manual. And of course I can look at the tractor itself if these systems/parts can be described for me, and where to look.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
   / Hydraulic Questions for My TnT #2  
Martin I am pretty sure that you have open center hydraulics, your loader valve has a power beyond port and you do not have exterior rear couplers. The rear couplers would be auxiliary hydraulic ports, each with its own lever and is what is used to control the top and tilt cylinders. They are not a standard on the L35 and Kubota’s version will cost about $1K. These ports are not to be confused with the ones you do have to hook up the backhoe. The ports for the backhoe run through a diverter valve which directs the hydraulic flow to either the backhoe ports or the 3 pt hitch.

MarkV

/ Hydraulic Questions for My TnT
MarkV said:
... These ports are not to be confused with the ones you do have to hook up the backhoe. The ports for the backhoe run through a diverter valve which directs the hydraulic flow to either the backhoe ports or the 3 pt hitch.

MarkV

Thanks Mark.

The diverter valve you talk about, is that the one which is controlled by the lever below the seat? The lever that you can push in or out?

My L35 never had its backhoe off and never used the 3ph. The interesting thing was that the lever was positioned for 3ph. Which means that the tractor was operating all that time in 3ph position.

The manual doesn't actually say that the backhoe will fail with that lever in the wrong position. It says something about the backhoe running hot if the lever was placed in the 3ph position.

Go figure.

/ Hydraulic Questions for My TnT #5  
Yep that is the valve control lever. My B21 will work somewhat with valve in the wrong position, just not as well. On the L39 it will not work at all with the lever set in the wrong position.

Did you have any luck locating 3pt parts?

MarkV

/ Hydraulic Questions for My TnT
MarkV said:
Did you have any luck locating 3pt parts?

MarkV

Yes thanks. I found a salvage that had most of them, and bought the remaining at retail.

Also ... upon reflection ... I am guessing that someone, at some time, used my 3ph. The control lever was definitely in the 3ph position when I took off the backhoe. The backhoe would have been installed, and that lever set in the backhoe position, when that tractor arrived new at its first owner. So that tells me that 3ph was exercised at some point along the way.