L3400 Float Control

/ L3400 Float Control #1  

Texas Dodge

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400 4WD
Can anyone tell me how to put my 3PH in float control? All I have is the position control and not the draft control too. The manual is not very self explanatory:mad:

/ L3400 Float Control #2  
The three point hitch on most all tractors can raise up or down to the position control levers setting. So your float is there!

/ L3400 Float Control
art said:
The three point hitch on most all tractors can raise up or down to the position control levers setting. So your float is there!
So do I have float control with the rotary cutter attached?? Mine lifts when the back wheels go over uneven ground. I would like the rotary cutter to follow the contour of the land.

/ L3400 Float Control #4  
What brand of cutter?
The premium brands usually have the "float" built into the linkage of the cutter.

/ L3400 Float Control
66gladiator said:
What brand of cutter?
The premium brands usually have the "float" built into the linkage of the cutter.
Continental Bronco...it's in my sig.

/ L3400 Float Control #6  
Texas Dodge said:
So do I have float control with the rotary cutter attached?? Mine lifts when the back wheels go over uneven ground. I would like the rotary cutter to follow the contour of the land.

Texas Dodge two things come to mind

1, Your top link might need to be adjusted OUT to allow it to drop?

2, there is a drop speed adjustment for your 3 p/h between your legs under your seat. Round black knob. You might have it set, to drop to slowly to compensate for the contour changes?

/ L3400 Float Control
Double Orange said:

2, there is a drop speed adjustment for your 3 p/h between your legs under your seat. Round black knob. You might have it set, to drop to slowly to compensate for the contour changes?
I think I found my answer......

Disconnect the top link. Set the front to the cut height you desire with the 3 point lever. then adjust the rear wheel so the rear of the deck is a little higher than the front. then reconnect the top link and adjust so there is plenty of slack in the chain so the cutter can move up and down with the contour of the ground. The mower will work without the top link but you can't raise the rear wheel without it.

/ L3400 Float Control
Double Orange said:

I have the speed adjustment set to fast. I now know that I was making the chain tight and that is why it was raising up. New to the farming thing, but I am learning.:D

/ L3400 Float Control #9  
My dad had a set of chains that were used in place of the top link to allow the bush hog to contour to the ground and you can still lift the whole cutter in the air too. He used them a couple of times and then just hung them in the building. They worked pretty good.

/ L3400 Float Control
So correct me if I am wrong, but in this pic the chain where the top 3pt is attached at should have slack in it? Should the vertical arms lean slightly back to the rear of the cutter?
42366shredder5.jpg