M105x jumping when clutch is first disenguaged

/ M105x jumping when clutch is first disenguaged #1  

Mseriesfreak

I thought i had a trouble free Kubota but maybe not.My 105x has only 350 hrs. on the clock and is still under warantee until 9-08.I took it to the dealer where i bought it complaining about a sort of lunging or jump when foot clutch petal is first let out in foward as well as reverse.It will not jump every time, and the clutch button and shuttle operation is smooth as silk.Using the pedal it sometimes jumps so bad it will spin the rear wheels in gravel.The dealer re-programed the clutch along with the complete procedure to claibrate the transmission.They checked the clutch pedal sensor,voltage to the sensor.I bought a service manual and i also clecked the same and it checks good.They gave up on it and told me it is supposed to do this.It is a funny thing it just started doing this.I called Kubota and a service rep. is coming down in a couple of weeks to look at the problem.Anybody with a M105X having this problem.

/ M105x jumping when clutch is first disenguaged #2  
DId they check for contamination on the clutch disk, broke spring or anything else mechanical? Sounds like they just went for the easy fix in the computer instead of looking for the real cause.

/ M105x jumping when clutch is first disenguaged #3  
If this were a stick shift car or truck, I'd say your clutch facing is glazed and you need to back it up against a tree, put it in reverse, (or set the parking brake and use high gear), and burn the glaze off the clutch (let it slip a bit while turning a moderately high RPM). Just enough to alter the surface of the clutch lining.

But that's for a dry clutch. If the M105 has a wet clutch, I don't know what the cause/remedy is.
Bob

/ M105x jumping when clutch is first disenguaged #4  
freak,
If it has a wet clutch:
Do you know what fluid is in the transmission?
Is it what is called for in the manual?

/ M105x jumping when clutch is first disenguaged #5  
OOOOPS, Jerry you are right it has a wet clutch according to Kubota specs.

Fluid contamination? wrong type? busted clutch disk (spec say 7 disk pack) one may have come apart.
I'm guessing at this point:(

/ M105x jumping when clutch is first disenguaged #6  
They are already on the right path if it is the electronic over hydraulic clutch. There may be a potentiometer gone bad on the clutch. If it was a straight hydraulic clutch you would need to look at the valving for the clutch pressure supply and bleed.

I don't think many people on here realize how a larger tractor clutch works. The hydraulics are modulated by the clutch pedal, it is not just a master slave cylinder setup.