Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Default Partial or locking float?

Y'all,

Is there any such thing as a partial float feature on any loaders in the world? What I mean by that is that you'd set the loader at a certain height and lock it there, and it would freely float up if it needs to, but it would never drop below the designated position. This would be quite handy on hilly property like mine. I know my BX24 doesn't have anything like this, but I'm just wondering if any do.

Thanks
    Ray
    BX24

Tractor
    Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL

Default Re: Partial or locking float?

I've never heard of anything like this on a typical tractor. Maybe on a dozer?

I also don't think it would work too well.
    George
    South Carolina

The size of government is inversely proprotional to the degree of freedom it affords.

"What is truth?" Pontius Pilate

Tractor
    Kubota BX2230

Isn't that what the 3PH does on the BX? Don't know about other tractors, but I know I can freely lift my rear links and they drop to an elevation prescribed by the position of the hydraulics.

Perhaps you could achieve your intended function through the use of a backblade or a boxblade on the 3PH.
    Kubota BX2230, FEL, Woods BH, 60" MMM, Bagger, 4' Box Blade, PHD, 8' x 20' 10k# Dovetail Trailer

Those of you who think you know it all are particularly annoying to those of us who do.

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Behavior like a 3pt would be what I'm after, yes. I'm not hoping to do anything other than be able to drive around without moving the loader up and down as I navigate my very hilly terrain. Now that it's getting dark so early again, when I take the trash out (on the loader), it'd be nice to be able to partial-float it so I can keep the loader as low as possible so as not to block the headlights but also not worry about jamming into steep, sudden inclines that exist in my driveway. But, certainly nbd. I just adjust the loader as I go. Doing this mostly just got me curious about if such a thing existed.
    Ray
    BX24