Partial or locking float?

/ Partial or locking float? #1  

RayCo

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24, Case 580 Super L
Y'all,

Is there any such thing as a partial float feature on any loaders in the world? What I mean by that is that you'd set the loader at a certain height and lock it there, and it would freely float up if it needs to, but it would never drop below the designated position. This would be quite handy on hilly property like mine. I know my BX24 doesn't have anything like this, but I'm just wondering if any do.

Thanks

/ Partial or locking float? #2  
I've never heard of anything like this on a typical tractor. Maybe on a dozer?

I also don't think it would work too well.

/ Partial or locking float? #3  
Isn't that what the 3PH does on the BX? Don't know about other tractors, but I know I can freely lift my rear links and they drop to an elevation prescribed by the position of the hydraulics.

Perhaps you could achieve your intended function through the use of a backblade or a boxblade on the 3PH.

/ Partial or locking float?
Behavior like a 3pt would be what I'm after, yes. I'm not hoping to do anything other than be able to drive around without moving the loader up and down as I navigate my very hilly terrain. Now that it's getting dark so early again, when I take the trash out (on the loader), it'd be nice to be able to partial-float it so I can keep the loader as low as possible so as not to block the headlights but also not worry about jamming into steep, sudden inclines that exist in my driveway. But, certainly nbd. I just adjust the loader as I go. Doing this mostly just got me curious about if such a thing existed.