Running on 2 Cyl.?

/ Running on 2 Cyl.? #1  

Tgunn

Tractor
Kubota L2550
I have a Kubota L2550. 3 cyl. Lately it seemed that I don't have the power I used to. A buddy said it sounds like it only running on 2 cylinders. I understand most common guess would be fuel. I have added "injector cleaner", cleaned fuel filter, bled the line.
What do & try next?
It starts easily & runs ok. (for a 2 cyl.)
Thanks for all help.

tgunn

/ Running on 2 Cyl.?
From all that I've read it seems I need to find out for sure if I'm getting fuel to all 3 cylinders. How is the best way to go about this? I am totally new at anything diesel.
Thanks,
tgunn

/ Running on 2 Cyl.? #3  
Put a temp gauge up to the 3 cyclinders. This will tell you which ones not cooperating.

/ Running on 2 Cyl.? #4  
From all that I've read it seems I need to find out for sure if I'm getting fuel to all 3 cylinders. How is the best way to go about this? I am totally new at anything diesel.
While it's running, crack open each injectors fuel line, at the injector one at a time. If the engine stumbles, that injector/cylinder is working. If you don't notice any difference, you've found the "dead" cylinder, troubleshoot accordingly....

P.S. make sure you tighten the previous injector line and the engine recovers before you loosen the next.

/ Running on 2 Cyl.?
Thanks for advice. I determined that #2 cylinder is not working. I am getting fuel to the injector. Kubota dealer suggested I do a compression check before proceeding. Now my problem is removing the injector. I disconnected all lines, hoses going to it. I removed a bolt that held a "keeper". Does the injector now just pull out? There is no room nor way to "unscrew" it. Any helpful hints? Please?

/ Running on 2 Cyl.? #6  
If your lucky man it will just pull out, if your like me and Lady Luck never stops by to see you, then it's not that easy. I have had pretty good results spraying Kroil Oil around the injector and letting it stand for a bit. I had one on a 450JD that I had to use a slide hammer to remove. Good luck.

/ Running on 2 Cyl.?
Got it out! Just finding out for sure that it pulls straight out made me a little more agressive with my "bigger hammer"
There seems to be "crud" on the bottom end of the injector. Would that be an indication of a bad injector?

/ Running on 2 Cyl.? #8  
It could be a good indication of a clogged injector, which is indeed bad and could be your problem.

You can take the injector to a diesel pump/injector service shop for test/repair -or- you could swap it with one in one of the other cylinders.
If the problem moves with the injector you've found the problem. If it stays with the cylinder you'll need to do the compression test and repair as needed.

Remember you'll have to 1st bleed the two injectors before you can test.
Good luck

/ Running on 2 Cyl.?
Sounds like a good idea if I haven't already messed up the injector I took out. I obviously don't know what I'm doing. While figuring out how to remove the injector, I took out a "needle" looking thing. I did put it back. Have I messed any adjustment or anything up?
Also, obvious dummy question: How do I bleed the injectors? I have bled the lines before, as book shows, by just opening a valve, running for one minute & closing the valve. Is there more to bleeding the injectors themselves than that?
Thanks tons!

/ Running on 2 Cyl.? #10  
Hi. My advice, take out all your injectors and go to your "diesel restore shop" and have them cleaned and pressure tested so all 3 injectors open at the same bar/psi pressure. If one injector is messy, the rest could more or less look the same. Good luck.