Roll Cage?

/ Roll Cage? #1  

Gomer

Silver Member
I am moving brush and small logs in the woods and am considering adding some type of protection from stray logs and trees. Something from top of ROPS to the FEL upright mounts is what I am thinking just to keep thing from wacking me.
Anyone do something like this? I have a B2630 but the concept should be the same.

/ Roll Cage? #3  
This should be no problem to build. You should look up a fabrication shop that builds or maintains race cars or trucks. They will have a stock of seamless mild steel. I would suggest .120 wall 2" but they would have a better idea. The bending has to be done with a proper tubing bender (greenley or simular) as a exhaust bender will crimp the tubing and render it too weak. You could take your tractor there or measure the bends you need and weld up you own cage. I would also make it removable to make future service easier.

/ Roll Cage? #4  
Search for a user called Henro. He put guards all over the place to protect him from branches etc.

Heck, I've got a spare minute, did the search for you

Hood guard / head guard

21677d1081196973-hood-guard-head-guard-403720-hg10.jpg

Last edited:
   / Roll Cage? #5  
To do it properly you have to have an enclosed area that is protected in such a fashion a log or branch can't come through and spear you.

Many years ago Cats used for clearing brush had cages with expanded metal covering all the openings.:D