Grading rear blade hydraulic angle - less than 7 foot?

/ rear blade hydraulic angle - less than 7 foot? #1  

bill333

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 3540
Does anyone know of a rear blade with hydaulic angle that comes in 6 foot width? Most of the ones I've seen are 7 feet and longer.

Also, if I have the hydraulic angle and want to 'reverse' the blade (rounded side pointing front vs back) do I need to remove the cylinder or can it still be (even manually) switched around?
Thanks,

/ rear blade hydraulic angle - less than 7 foot? #2  
Reversing the blade with a hydraulic angle merely requires removing one the pin on the cylinder where it attaches to the blade. Then, spin/reverse the blade and pin back on. Blades with hydraulic angle will have a nearly identical attachment bracket on both right and left sides of the blade for the cylinder to attach.

/ rear blade hydraulic angle - less than 7 foot? #3  
LandPride makes the RB & RBT35 in a 72" width. Several other manufactures make similar models to the 35.

/ rear blade hydraulic angle - less than 7 foot?
Thanks to both of you...this is exactly the information I was looking for. That Landpride blade looks perfect. Looks like I will need that third rear remote after all!

/ rear blade hydraulic angle - less than 7 foot? #5  
I have a question about the hydraulic offset. It appears that it angles the entire blade's frame from a pivot point just behind the 3 pt hitch, so that although the blade can be angled, the entire blade is offset to one side of the tractor.

If you could angle the blade only (as with the manual angle blades), then you could still keep the blade pulling directly behind the tractor at whatever angle you want.

After using a manual angle blade for a couple of winters, I would love to find a hydraulic option that would angle only the blade, the same way. So I'm only seeing cons to the offset blade vs. an angled blade. Can someone point out the pros of the offset blade? Or is it no big deal not having the angled blade pulling directly behind the tractor?

/ rear blade hydraulic angle - less than 7 foot?
bandit67 said:
I have a question about the hydraulic offset. It appears that it angles the entire blade's frame from a pivot point just behind the 3 pt hitch, so that although the blade can be angled, the entire blade is offset to one side of the tractor.

If you could angle the blade only (as with the manual angle blades), then you could still keep the blade pulling directly behind the tractor at whatever angle you want.

After using a manual angle blade for a couple of winters, I would love to find a hydraulic option that would angle only the blade, the same way. So I'm only seeing cons to the offset blade vs. an angled blade. Can someone point out the pros of the offset blade? Or is it no big deal not having the angled blade pulling directly behind the tractor?

If I understand your question you want to see about a blad that will independently change angle and offset, both hydraulically. I don't own it, but my understanding is that is exactly what thte Landprice RTB35 does. It has up to 3 hydraulic cylinders, one for tilt, one for angle, and one for offset. I assume (hoping, since I'm going to buy one) that means you can offset the blade to the side of the tractor, and you can also change the angle as it is offset. Similarly, you can keep in right behind the tractor and angle it as you would a manual blade.
So the 'offset' is not an angle change, it just sets up the blade so that it sits with one end outside of the tractor wheels.
Anyone have this blade or one like it (the wikco I believe) to confirm this?