Oil & Fuel BX2200 fuel sending unit replacement

/ BX2200 fuel sending unit replacement #1  

dannydan3

Silver Member
Anyone ever replaced their sending unit? The part is only $24, and I would sure like an accurate gauge if it's not a PITA to replace.

Thanks!

/ BX2200 fuel sending unit replacement #2  
Nope, but I'd like to know that info too. Also would like to know if the new one has been fixed or will just go bad after 3 yrs. like the original. I don't want to keep replacing something over and over. Replacing oil or car brake pads is understandable. Continually replacing fuel sending units is not.

/ BX2200 fuel sending unit replacement #3  
Do a search for the leaking sending unit gasket. There were lots of those - including mine. You have to take off the ROPS, seat and fenders. None of this is hard, just time consuming. Make sure you leave a couple hours to do it but if you're savvy with nuts and bolts it should take you less time.

/ BX2200 fuel sending unit replacement #4  
I have the 2001 BX 2200 and my sending unit started leaking, I decided to fix it myself, and I had heard about the new unit that fixed the leak. I had the dealer order the new sending unit and after I got the tractor tore down, I found that they had given me the same unit that was in my tank. I didn't want the tractor to be down till the next time I got home, so I cleaned the gasket and the tank area and put it back together with the old unit and silicone sealer. It held just fine till two weeks ago and started leaking again. I think the new redesigned sending unit has ears that clamp inside the tank and tighten from the outside and seem to be a permanent fix. The old unit are just pushed into a ring in the tank.