First time Kubota owner!

/ First time Kubota owner! #1  

Weldorbill

Hello folks,... Just got bitten by the KUBOTA BUG! I've owned a couple of other makes in the past, but I like the quality, etc. of the Kubota. Anyway, just acquired a L3250D 4wd, at a county auction with 1106 hrs. Seems to be in pretty solid shape, but don't have any attachments. I believe this unit was used primarly for mowing. Would like to set it up with a front loader eventually, but will probably invest in a bush hog and scraper box right away. As being a welder by trade, I would like to build my own frt. loader assy., but may purchase one outright if the price is right. I'm just getting familiar with the Kubota line, especially this model, so any ideas/imput on this tractor from any of you people would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! Also if I can be of any assistance to any of you, in the welding field/ideas, don't hesitate to ask. By the way, this tractor will soon make its way from cen. FL., to upstate N.Y.,... Thanks for your imput.

/ First time Kubota owner! #2  
Well welcome! Kubota builds a great tractor and you are lucky to own one. It should take care of you for many years to come! What size property will it help you take care of? What are your primary plans for it?

/ First time Kubota owner! #3  
When it comes time for an FEL....purchase a Wood's brand instead of a Kubota FEL. Less $$...built stronger

/ First time Kubota owner!
Adam23 said:
Well welcome! Kubota builds a great tractor and you are lucky to own one. It should take care of you for many years to come! What size property will it help you take care of? What are your primary plans for it?
Thank you Adam23,... Relocating to 40 acres upstate N.Y., Two thirds of it is wooded, but a good deal of pasture/grass. Maybe some blueberry/raspberry planting, apple trees, general mowing etc. Gonna try an assortment of whatever grows best up there. Probably set up a snow plow/blade on the front loader(when I eventually get a loader assy.) Doing all the research on this tractor now, just to see what its capable of. I'm going to have fun with this tractor. Thanks for the warm welcome,...

Sully2 said:
When it comes time for an FEL....purchase a Wood's brand instead of a Kubota FEL. Less $$...built stronger
Thanks Sully2,.. When I stopped by the local KUBOTA dealer here, I looked at the Wood's line and was impressed. I especially liked their 72", I think it was a BB7200 Extreme series,... very tough built. Will shop around for a good unit. THANKS,...

Sully2,... That was a bush hog that I was refering to, by Wood's. I haven't seen any of the Wood's front loaders yet. THANKS,..

/ First time Kubota owner! #7  
I'd doubt that you would find a new kubota built loader for that model tractor. Good model that you did buy though! Congrats!