New meaning to SIDE WORK in my b30303hsdc (PIC)

/ New meaning to SIDE WORK in my b30303hsdc (PIC) #11  
soxfan said:
Ok, talk about a high pucker factor.

I remember reading somewhere about wheel extensions for the back tires but is there anyone who has done this?

Got the same model here. Definitely not it's prettiest pose. :eek: Really glad only damage was to your pride. :) :)

I've had a few near misses lately while mowing with RFM, and that was with the FEL bucket nearly touching the ground. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Anyone know about wheel extensions for the B3030 HDSC?

/ New meaning to SIDE WORK in my b30303hsdc (PIC)
While the cab adds weight to the tractor, ultimately it makes it safer as well. Even if you are not strapped in (which I whole heartedly recommend and I do without fail) it keeps all of your appendages inside the cab where you wont get crushed by the tractor falling on you. It is a very ominous feeling once you reach that angle of repose (the angle at which you know you are not coming back from) it rattles you a bit. I actually ended up moving the strap to the rear above the wheel as I decided that it was a more sturdy place to pull from.

/ New meaning to SIDE WORK in my b30303hsdc (PIC) #13  
If you have not filled your tires with foam, you may consider filling the tires to the 50% level with fluid. This will help lower the CG of the tractor.

/ New meaning to SIDE WORK in my b30303hsdc (PIC) #14  
I think rim guard will work better than foam as the foam is light?

/ New meaning to SIDE WORK in my b30303hsdc (PIC) #15  
Trust me they may call it "foam" but it sure ain't light. Don't remember exactly but it's suppose to add about 50lbs to each of the front tires of my B7800, it's pretty dense stuff. I'm still looking into it, the fronts are relatively cheap (and the tires that go flat the most often), the back tires are insanely priced (this stuff sells by the pound) and I'm too poor after buying my wife's car to look at doing those yet! :D

/ New meaning to SIDE WORK in my b30303hsdc (PIC)
Yep, it is extremely dense material. Not just foam it is a polyurethane material and is very heavy. Pricey too at $1.40 per pound but I will not have to worry about them going flat again, the only other problem I have had with the tractor...Flats... Aside from that, this is the best compact tractor. I love it and once I get a few small issues worked out, it will be even better. By the way, that seat it comes with is awfull as others have mentioned and all of the dealers around here have no clue about any seat replacement programs. they looked at me like I had Lobsters crawling out of my ears when I mentioned it at the service department...

Last edited:
   / New meaning to SIDE WORK in my b30303hsdc (PIC) #17  
lawn_king said:
I think rim guard will work better than foam as the foam is light?

Had my B-7800 rear turf tires filled with Rim Guard, makes the tractor stable even on the slightest inclines. Adds appropximately 180 pounds per tire and is non-corrosive. Glad "soxfan" is safe from his mishap and the Kubota stands the test of time.

/ New meaning to SIDE WORK in my b30303hsdc (PIC) #18  
soxfan said:
Yep, it is extremely dense material. Not just foam it is a polyurethane material and is very heavy.

My question would be: Will this polyurethane fill make the tires like round blocks of wood? If you're not happy with the seat and the ride now, my hunch is, the ride will be much stiffer. My thoughts are a liquid fill will at least have a little 'give' to it.

Don

/ New meaning to SIDE WORK in my b30303hsdc (PIC) #19  
Filling the tires will make the machine more stable. The greater the filled wieght the greater the stability.

Foam can be had in 2-3 versions from rock hard to just a bit harder than the normal air. Your source may or may not have multiple versions available. Normally foam is only used where there are a lot of flats. Construction, junk yards, recycling, Texas thorns, etc. The price is high, but lost time is more costly if it's a working machine.

(I like the low price and high weight of liquid fill. CaCl2 w tubes is about a buck a gallon + tubes and install.)

/ New meaning to SIDE WORK in my b30303hsdc (PIC) #20  
jeez..good picture. I am glad you and your tractor are alright particularly because you are a fellow BoSox fan!

I had my B7800 rear R4's filled with Rim Guard at the dealer when i bought it at this time last year. According to my B7800 manual it adds 200 lbs per tire.

I picked up my new replacement seat at the dealer two weeks ago and it is 100% better then the old, leaning forward seat.

I sent the Kubota PDF bulletin to my dealer but I had to e-mail Kubota HO to get things going.

The wheel spacers links are in TBN somewhere as I do recall reading about them.

Attachments

• 76667d1178981410-b2630-b3030-seat-fix-dealer-seat-tsb_05_12_2007.pdf
    480.1 KB · Views: 186