New meaning to SIDE WORK in my b30303hsdc (PIC)

/ New meaning to SIDE WORK in my b30303hsdc (PIC) #1  

soxfan

Bronze Member
Tractor
B3030hsdc
Ok, talk about a high pucker factor. Not to mention a nice bruise to by backside and pride. Let me just say, this is a pretty flat area I was working in doing some tilling and loader work. As I was backing up, I went over a small ridge with soft tilled dirt. Anyway, I was amazed at how easy it tipped. I am taking the tires in this week to get filled with Polly foam and I am hoping this will stabilize it. The cab model is much more top heavy than just the regular b3030. I remember reading somewhere about wheel extensions for the back tires but is there anyone who has done this? I pulled it over with my truck. It took 2 times as the first time it came up and went over the other way. When it was all said and done there was not even a scuff mark on the tractor to be found. Nothing... Anyway, any input would be appreciated as to suggestions to keep it upright.

Attachments

• kubota.jpg
    kubota.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 915
   / New meaning to SIDE WORK in my b30303hsdc (PIC) #2  
Sorry to see the accident as such. However, thanks for the friendly reminder of how easily these machines will indeed, tip over.

/ New meaning to SIDE WORK in my b30303hsdc (PIC) #3  
Just a guess but, the loader height with the added weight of the grapple likely contributed to the mishap. Glad you weren't injured and very lucky to get away without damage.

/ New meaning to SIDE WORK in my b30303hsdc (PIC) #4  
Have you started it yet?

/ New meaning to SIDE WORK in my b30303hsdc (PIC) #5  
soxfan said:
When it was all said and done there was not even a scuff mark on the tractor to be found. Nothing..

Glad your safe!!

/ New meaning to SIDE WORK in my b30303hsdc (PIC) #6  
Can I ask.............why was the loader up?

Sincerely,Dirt

/ New meaning to SIDE WORK in my b30303hsdc (PIC) #7  
soxfan - sorry to hear about the tipping over, glad you are ok and the tractor didn't sustain any external damage.

wrt, internal issues, what is the standard procedure once you get a tractor upright? what happens to the fluids (especially engine) when a tractor tips on it's side? What about when it rolls over upside down?

/ New meaning to SIDE WORK in my b30303hsdc (PIC)
I have actually put about 5 hours on it since the tip and it runs flawlessly. The loader was up because I picked it up to clear the shrubs and small bank that were in front of me when going over the small ridge.

/ New meaning to SIDE WORK in my b30303hsdc (PIC)
as to the fluid levels, if you notice in the picture, some fluid leaked on to the front tire while it was sideways. I checked levels and they seemed ok but since it is so close to the 50 hr service (47 hours) I am going to service it this week.

/ New meaning to SIDE WORK in my b30303hsdc (PIC) #10  
Glad your ok.Thats pretty tough glass!!Must have been a bear to get out
ALAN