B7100 Hydraulics Question

/ B7100 Hydraulics Question #1  

amitysanimal

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7100
I have a FEL on my B7100 and it runs off a pump that comes off the front of the crankshaft. It seems to be weak, I was wondering why the FEL is run off this pump and not the tractors pump? The pump isn't being used for anything and thought about using it to run the FEL.

amitysanimal

/ B7100 Hydraulics Question #2  
On my 7100 the FEL is run off the engine pump, not the front of the crank shaft and everything works well. Not sure why there'd be a pump on the front unless it was added after the engine pump gave up.
Cheers,Erik

/ B7100 Hydraulics Question
My FEL came with the pump that runs off the end of the crank, shows it in the loader manual. My FEL is model B219 and is on a 1977 B7100. I might try to hook it up to the tractor pump and see how it does.

/ B7100 Hydraulics Question #4  
Seems weak as in? I have the same loader and tractor. Have you checked the screen to see if it is clogged?

Charles

/ B7100 Hydraulics Question
It doesn't seem to have enough power and it will squeal. I don't think it is the relief valve squealing, it sounds like the pump to me, seeing as how the relief valve is so close to me. Yes, I have checked the screen and it is clean. The tractor has over 7500 hours on it, so I imagine the pump is pretty worn out. I haven't checked into how expensive it would be to rebuild the FEL pump.

/ B7100 Hydraulics Question #6  
I have a 1978 B6100 with the B219 loader and front-mounted pump. I found that in the winter here in WV the Kubota UDT would get very thick and cause the pump to squeal due to cavitation/starvation and the loader to operate very slowly. My dealer actually told me to thin the UDT out with diesel fuel in the winter. It works.

Just my experience..

WVBill

/ B7100 Hydraulics Question #7  
I think the loader is supposed to pick up 500 pounds..... when it was brand new ;) I keep meaning to test mine with bags of wood pellets. Mine can pick up a level bucket of dirt with some grunting so it works for me.

You might be getting some fluid going past the seals in the cylinders... might just need a repack and not a new pump.

It doesn't have to be very cold for my loader to realy slow down... once you excercise it a bit it and warm up the fluid it works just like it does during warm weather.

Charles

/ B7100 Hydraulics Question #8  
The best answer on a pump or loader lift issue is to have your dealer do a flowrate test on it. This will determine if the pump can still move the volume of oil at rated engine speed and also check the relief valve for the right pressure.

If you just change out the pump and the relief valve is stuck partially open, the new pump will not be any better. Just like going to the Dr, let the dealer check the complete circuit.

By the way, in cold country don't thin UDT with Diesel - use Super UDT that has a pour point depressant to keep it flowing to minus 46 C - after that it is too cold to work outside anyhow and your wife should let you into the kitchen to thaw out!

Good luck

/ B7100 Hydraulics Question #9  
I don't mean to hi-jack. I run what I thought the manual calls for. Type F Tranny fluid. Is that ok? My B219 sure worked better when i learned about the screen and cleaned the years of gunk off it.
Rory

/ B7100 Hydraulics Question #10  
My B6100 with factory FEL runs off the engine pump. It seems alot of aftermarket FEL's used pumps that run off the front crank or PTO. If you search by my name you can see some of the pics I posted of the pump setup. My loader will lift almost anything I put in it until the rear comes off the ground but it is slow in cold weather.