B26 Alternator output

/ B26 Alternator output #1  

digger2

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota B26 TLB,former B7610 owner
Can anybody tell me how to find the output on a B26 Kubota alternator?I'm sure it shares the alternator with another model Kubota.
My dealer told me it was in the owners manual.Well if it is i cant find it.
Is it stamped on the alternator somewhere?I'm layed up with the flu or i'd go look myself.
thanks,digger2

/ B26 Alternator output #2  
digger2 said:
Can anybody tell me how to find the output on a B26 Kubota alternator?I'm sure it shares the alternator with another model Kubota.
My dealer told me it was in the owners manual.Well if it is i cant find it.
Is it stamped on the alternator somewhere?I'm layed up with the flu or i'd go look myself.
thanks,digger2

I thought for sure I was going to be able to help you out as I have the Workshop Manual right here in front of me for the B26. Guess what, I can't find a thing as to what the output is. It tells you what it does and how to check and repair/replace parts but nothing about the output. I'm trying to locate something in it for the HST as I feel I have a small problem with it. When I'm drive (forward/reverse) at a constant speed it will jump and go faster. Not a tremendous increase of speed, but enough if I were backing up to an attachment and someone was there to assist me and it jumped someone really could get hurt. This condition happens when at idle or with it say at 1500.:)
The Gotcha Man

/ B26 Alternator output #3  
If it's a "dynamo" which most kubota's have it should put out about 14-15 amps. The optional alternator that kubota offers has 40 amps and that probably what something like the B26 has as standard equipment (just a guess). :D

/ B26 Alternator output #4  
Most likely if it is an alternator it will be the 40 amp version, Kubota also has a 50 amp alternator for their larger tractors. If it is the dynamo (little gray painted device) it puts out 5 amps at idle speed (per my factory manual for the B7800). I checked the Kubota web site and I was not able to find the exact spec on line, possibly in their parts manual you can find it.

/ B26 Alternator output #5  
The BX23 WSM lists the dynamo's output at 14 - 15 amps @ pto speed (approx 3000 rpm).
I'd say if your B26 has the dynamo that it would have the same output at the B26's rated pto speed due to pulley differences.

Likes been said, the dynamo is a little gray painted device whereas the OEM alternator looks just like an automotive alternator, theres a very discernable difference between them.

/ B26 Alternator output #6  
What is the expected life span of a dynamo? Is it a good idea or a waste of money to upgrade to a alt if you do not have any extra's (lights, goodies) on the tractor?

/ B26 Alternator output #7  
If you don't have any electrical demand past what the existing system is putting out.. why mess with it?

My old 1975 ford 5000 has a 12v generator ( max 20a ).. My total electrical loads are 15.5a, not including charge current charge current.. ( that's 2 55w h-lamps, 1 55w rear lamp, a dash lamp, and a fender mounted flasher.

Thus.. ford pretty much sized that electrical system 'perfectly' to that tractor. If I needed much more electrical capacity than that.. for extended periods of time.. i could upgrade to a cheap delco alternator like a 10-SI.. inthe 35-90a range and kludge it up.. or use tha alt kit similar to my 2002 NH 7610S.. which has nearly the same electrical load demands.. and a wee bit more generation capability with it's NH alternator.. etc..

Soundguy

/ B26 Alternator output
Guys,just wanted to know for possible future reference.It is an alternator
not a dynamo like my previous B7610 had.I know theres been alot of past questions about upgrading the dynamoes on that series,and i was just
curious about the output on this tractor.I'm sure 40 amps is more than enough for any future add ons.
Hey gotcha,my B26 does "lurch" in all ranges, but so far only when its cold.
Hav'nt noticed it when its warmed up yet.
Thanks for all the responses guys............digger2