Moving Snow With A BX

/ Moving Snow With A BX #41  
Just moved 17 " today. When I got it out of shed and come across yard I had my doubts but they quickly vanished after I got a pattern going:cool2:

Talk about jumping right in with both feet! LOL. Your first storm clearing with your BX and you get 17"! Luckily the BX is up to the task and now you're an old pro. ;-)

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Moving Snow With A BX #42  
i got to move a little snow with my BX over the last few weeks as well. every fall i talk about getting a blower, and every spring i think about how it would have been a waste with how little snow we had over the past winter. this spring will be different. maybe i'll start seriously shopping for one this coming year!

(i have a not-pictured 5' plow - didn't do all that with the FEL)

12544054215_222b9dccab.jpg

12544211853_4218ca29aa.jpg

12544204723_d454f13934.jpg

/ Moving Snow With A BX #43  
What is the biggest snowstorm anybody tried to move with only a front loader and back blade on their BX? In other words did you tackle 6",8", 10", etc, etc at one time. Pic's welcome.
28 inches using the BX25 loader on my stone driveway, after the Snowmagedden of 2010, in Philadelphia. It took a long time and I had piles that stood higher than my 6 foot fence. What a blast that was!

/ Moving Snow With A BX #44  
The problem here in the Adirondacks is not so much the snow removal as it is the snow just doesn't have any water in it and my BX won't get good traction, even with chains on the rear. (I'm buying a set for the front with my tax return) We have had several 1 foot+ snows recently and the snow just stays soft and powdery as it hasn't reached freezing in about 2 weeks. Hopefully that will change tomorrow, as above freezing temps are forecast. You're right HeLa a snowblower sounds pretty good about now.