Moving Snow With A BX

/ Moving Snow With A BX #1  

ericbx1500

Gold Member
Tractor
BX2380, scotts 48
What is the biggest snowstorm anybody tried to move with only a front loader and back blade on their BX? In other words did you tackle 6",8", 10", etc, etc at one time. Pic's welcome.

/ Moving Snow With A BX #2  
ericbx1500 said:
What is the biggest snowstorm anybody tried to move with only a front loader and back blade on their BX? In other words did you tackle 6",8", 10", etc, etc at one time. Pic's welcome.
Less than 2'' cause that 1 snow is the biggest one we've had since I got my bx23 in Sept 2004.;)
But I'm ready with a FEL on my BX23 and the BX1500 with a front blade just in case we get that big 3 incher this winter. :D
== L B ==.

/ Moving Snow With A BX #3  
about 19 inches with FEL only, from what I have seen.

/ Moving Snow With A BX
LBrown59 said:
Less than 2'' cause that 1 snow is the biggest one we've had since I got my bx23 in Sept 2004.;)
But I'm ready with a FEL on my BX23 and the BX1500 with a front blade just in case we get that big 3 incher this winter. :D
== L B ==.

Any pic's of your bx1500 with the front blade?

/ Moving Snow With A BX #5  
No pictures, but I have moved 10-12 " with my 2200 and the FEL. It was slow going, but I managed just fine. I usually try to plow every 6" when we get big stroms. Here in the Southern Tier of NY, we usually get 1 10'" storm a year, not enough to consider buying a blower.
Will

/ Moving Snow With A BX #6  
Will C.
Where are you located. I'm in Rockland county. Just got a BX24 with
60"MMM. Wondering how well it will do with snow removal. Debating whether to sell my walk behind snow blower and buy a rear blade.

Ed

/ Moving Snow With A BX #7  
I've moved 12"+ with my BX22 and front mt snow blower.

Works very well without any issues.

paul

/ Moving Snow With A BX #8  
Never tried moving snow with my MMM. Let us know how you make out. Just kidding!

/ Moving Snow With A BX #9  
asylum575 said:
Will C.
Where are you located. I'm in Rockland county. Just got a BX24 with
60"MMM. Wondering how well it will do with snow removal. Debating whether to sell my walk behind snow blower and buy a rear blade.

Ed
I'm still wondering that about my BX23.
The Biggest Snow we've had since I got it 3 years ago was one snow that measured less than 2'' .

/ Moving Snow With A BX #10  
Will_C said:
No pictures, but I have moved 10-12 " with my 2200 and the FEL. It was slow going, but I managed just fine. I usually try to plow every 6" when we get big stroms. Here in the Southern Tier of NY, we usually get 1 10'" storm a year, not enough to consider buying a blower.
Will
The deepest snow I ever plowed off my drive way was 14''.
Did it with my Bolens 850 garden tractor and a 42'' front blade.
It did OK.