Anybody have a L2800/L3400 with remotes AND a BH?

/ Anybody have a L2800/L3400 with remotes AND a BH? #1  

canoetrpr

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040 cab/hyd shuttle - current, Kubota L3400 - traded
Chances are I'll get my remotes going much before I have the $ to get a backhoe but I can't figure out how the backhoe would plug in.

My understanding is that if I was just installing a BH I would need a hose from the power beyond port of the loader valve to come back to the rear of the tractor to power the BH (instead of going straight to the hydraulic block) and then have the return from the BH going into the hydraulic block where the hose from the PB of the loader used to go.

When the BH is not being used the hoses at the back need to be connected together so that the fluid just flows through.

Now how does one set this up so that you can also have remotes when you are not using the BH? I imagine it involves installing some manner of quick disconnect to pull the input hose out of the remote valve and the hose from the PB of the remote valve for the output of the BH.

If you've got an installation with remotes AND a BH, I'd sure appreciate knowing how it was plumbed so that I could do it right when I do my remotes.

/ Anybody have a L2800/L3400 with remotes AND a BH? #2  
hey,

I do have a 2004 L3400 with a 3 spool prince remote valve. If you order the valve from northern tools it does come with plain instructions. I do not have any good pictures right now, I am offshore, but when i get home I'll try to look how i did mine.
I do know i come out of the power beyond, it has a green piece of tape on the hose under your right foot. I will try to get you some pictures.

Attachments

• Tractor and boat motor 00006.jpg
    Tractor and boat motor 00006.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 428
  • Tractor and boat motor 00004.jpg
    Tractor and boat motor 00004.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 349
   / Anybody have a L2800/L3400 with remotes AND a BH? #3  
Canoetrpr; I do have what you are looking for but I am at work so I will get ya some pictures tomorrow morning.

/ Anybody have a L2800/L3400 with remotes AND a BH? #4  
Canoetrpr; Here is what I got.

The first and second one is of the loader block the line with the 90deg fitting on the bottom of the picture is the one you want (pressure).

3. Is where it ends on top of the rear diff.

4. Shows the QD for using the BH. Note if you only had a BH and no rear remotes this is the only QD you would have in the rear and that line would return to the hyd block under your R/H step.

5. Is just another angle.

6. Is where the female part of the QD goes to on the remotes (it is labeled "in")

7. Is the other side of remotes, the bottom line is the return to the hyd block, the top goes to the fill port on the top of the diff.

8. Is just another view.

9. Is the hyd block, the aft line is the return line from the R/H lower of the remotes.

10. Is the return to resivour/bypass line which come from the top of the R/H side of remote.

11. Is just another view.

That is it in a nutshell, it all sounds complicated and all that good stuff but when ya look at it....it really ain't all that bad.

Attachments

• DSC00569.JPG
    DSC00569.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 382
  • DSC00570.JPG
    DSC00570.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 298
  • DSC00571.JPG
    DSC00571.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 281
  • DSC00572.JPG
    DSC00572.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 269
  • DSC00573.JPG
    DSC00573.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 252
  • DSC00574.JPG
    DSC00574.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 248
  • DSC00575.JPG
    DSC00575.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 231
  • DSC00576.JPG
    DSC00576.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 236
  • DSC00577.JPG
    DSC00577.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 234
  • DSC00578.JPG
    DSC00578.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC00579.JPG
    DSC00579.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 248
   / Anybody have a L2800/L3400 with remotes AND a BH?
Gentlemen - thank you very much for the time you have taken to post.

wushaw. Those pictures have awesome detail!. It is pretty much as I had envisioned. I imagine with the hydraulics setup this way that once the BH is attached neither the remotes nor the 3 PT is usable - just the loader and the BH?

land_lord333 - I've been trying to decide between a three spool prince and the Kubota provided valve what wushaw has. Your pictures helped me envision what the prince setup would look like - thanks!

/ Anybody have a L2800/L3400 with remotes AND a BH? #6  
canoetrpr said:
......I imagine with the hydraulics setup this way that once the BH is attached neither the remotes nor the 3 PT is usable - just the loader and the BH?..........

This is usually true. On my Kubota, the PB hose off the FEL valve either runs back to the block to power the 3ph or it connects to power the backhoe. When the BH is powered, there's no 3ph.

For running two more sets of remotes I have an extra 2-spool valve. This valve can be powered from the FEL's PB hose. When it's connected that way , the PB port on the extra valve gets connected to the block to power the 3ph, or it could be used to power the BH. Any combination of functions is possible. If the FEL valve is not mounted, the extra valve can get input power directly from the block instead.

To have all functions available, use valves with PB ports (not the exhaust) going to whatever is next in the system. In the case of the backhoe valve, all the PB ports are internal. So it's usually last in the chain.

Don't know if this helps or hurts - as always, prompt cheerful refund if info is bogus :) Take care, Dick B

Last edited:
   / Anybody have a L2800/L3400 with remotes AND a BH? #7  
canoetrpr said:
Gentlemen - thank you very much for the time you have taken to post.

wushaw. Those pictures have awesome detail!. It is pretty much as I had envisioned. I imagine with the hydraulics setup this way that once the BH is attached neither the remotes nor the 3 PT is usable - just the loader and the BH?

land_lord333 - I've been trying to decide between a three spool prince and the Kubota provided valve what wushaw has. Your pictures helped me envision what the prince setup would look like - thanks!

Your welcome:)

You are correct the lower 3pt arms are removed as you can see where the BH mates up with the subframe in a few of the pictures and the bypass/relief line is also removed due to interference with the BH.

Prince has the stackable valves. If you look up Madrefere threads he has a part # list and all you need.

One of my valves have failed, it took two years, it leaks down completely in @ 2min and it was operating the top link.

I will go with the Prince valve stackable set-up since my dealer could not tell me where how or who on these valves. So I will just fix it my way when one more valve goes south.
If I need to make a new bracket for the Prince valves then oh well I have the tools to take care of that:)

Rbargeron mentioned his 3pt does not work when his BH is connected. On mine it does work so you would have to be carefull to make sure there won't be any interference with say a non Kubota BH set-up, I raise mine to get the 3pt lever out of the way and it clears everything just fine.

Interesting post wushaw.

I've been wondering whether I should go with the stackable Prince SV valves that Madref and others have or whether I should just order the Kubota kit so that I don't have to worry about purchasing the right fittings and hoses and about cooking up a mount for the valve.

I don't weld so I'd have to find someone local to do it for me.

The Kubota valves are darn expensive. The first one is not horrible price since it includes the mount - $350, but additional ones are $250! A three spool Prince SV setup can be had for less than $250 total! I'm thinking I'll go that route as well.

wushaw:

I'm just trying to process your response that your 3PT works and have decided that I don't understand how.

If I understood you correctly, the power beyond hose from your loader's PB port comes to become one end of the QD that you use to hook into the IN port of the BH. When the BH is not in used the other end of that QD is hooked to a hoes that goes into the IN of the remote valve.

The remote valve has a PB port, a hose from which returns to the hydraulic block's PB. It also has a hose that returns from the remote valve directly to the hydraulic tank.

My understanding is that backhoes only have an IN for pressurized fluid and the OUT is used up fluid - i.e. no pressure. But in your case the OUT of the BH is going to the IN of the valve. Makes it sound like the OUT of your BH is really a power beyond port going to the remote valve which then passes on the unused pressurized fluid to the hydraulic block for use by the 3PT valve.

If this is indeed true then your remotes will also be able to work... but then you must have a third hose from your BH that returns to the tank... I didn't think this was the case.

Let me know if you have any thoughts to help with my confusion.

/ Anybody have a L2800/L3400 with remotes AND a BH? #10  
canoetrpr said:
wushaw:

I'm just trying to process your response that your 3PT works and have decided that I don't understand how.

If I understood you correctly, the power beyond hose from your loader's PB port comes to become one end of the QD that you use to hook into the IN port of the BH. When the BH is not in used the other end of that QD is hooked to a hoes that goes into the IN of the remote valve.

The remote valve has a PB port, a hose from which returns to the hydraulic block's PB. It also has a hose that returns from the remote valve directly to the hydraulic tank.

My understanding is that backhoes only have an IN for pressurized fluid and the OUT is used up fluid - i.e. no pressure. But in your case the OUT of the BH is going to the IN of the valve. Makes it sound like the OUT of your BH is really a power beyond port going to the remote valve which then passes on the unused pressurized fluid to the hydraulic block for use by the 3PT valve.

If this is indeed true then your remotes will also be able to work... but then you must have a third hose from your BH that returns to the tank... I didn't think this was the case.

Let me know if you have any thoughts to help with my confusion.

I know it's confusing, I asked the same question on why a second return hose and the reply was it is bypass when you have the valve deadheading the pump the valves pressure relief goes to the tank (fill port) instead of back to the hyd block.
The valves have two detents center and up, I didn't argue and have learned to live with it till I change it later.

The 3pt works because the system is still closed and I bought the BH before I got the remotes so the BH QD was there and I didn't want to change it all up to run the BH off the remotes.
I could change it and get longer hoses but it works and I ain't messing with something that works and the cost of new hoses.....etc.

One good thing about the system I have is if I had just the remotes and one goes to leaking then I can bypass my remotes and still use the tractor.