bx23 la210 loader hydraulic problem

/ bx23 la210 loader hydraulic problem #1  

tommu56

Elite Member
Tractor
kubota bx23
I went to use my tractor this weekend used it to get log splitter out it worked ok
I went to use the loader and it would raise but not go down unless I hit float position.

Backhoe nothing working, The loader bucket seems ok

I put my test guage in line and am getting 1700+ psi to loader controls it just wont pass to power beyond to back hoe and let bucket drop.

Oh yea it want over 30 degrees all day
the same thing happened in the summer I shut tractor down and restarted it and it was fine (thats why I made test gauge)

any suggestions?

thanks
tom

/ bx23 la210 loader hydraulic problem #2  
Check all your quick disconnect fittings for starters.

/ bx23 la210 loader hydraulic problem
Thanks
I did check the QD's but forgot to list it
I swapped lines to lift and bucket same problem Unhooked backoe lines and still have thsame problem I got thinking last night and wondered if power beyond line would feeze if I had some water in fluid?

tom

/ bx23 la210 loader hydraulic problem #4  
How do you connect up the log splitter, is it via the BH cnnections?

If so, it would then mean you're useing the tractors hydraulics to power the log splitter.
There could be the possibility of some debris from the splitter has plugged up the spools in the FEL control valve.

I've also read where water had collected in the two cylinders on the bottom of the FEL control and frozen, causing a similar problem.
The fix was to drill a very small weep hole in the bottom most end of the cylinder(s) to allow the condensation to drain. Removal of the cylinders is probably necessary to clean out the corrosion.

If the problem goes away once the tractor has thawed out I would suspect the frozen FEL control.

Good luck

The log splitter is stand alone I just use tractor to get it out of storage.

tom

I finally got up there yesterday

Pulled the tractor out same problem loader lifts but only go's down in float.

I started checking lines for damage Ect. and found the next vice grip commercial.

100_1249small.jpg

Then I started over with the hydraulic gauge I built.
pressure doesn't drop in the lower side line until I push lever in to float.
100_1251SMALL.jpg
Then I went to put it in the Qd line for Backhoe and lift arm was in the way I went to lower it to fit gauge in and speed knob was closed.

I opened it and put 3pt lever in center (it was in detent in raise position)

and all the functions worked fine

tom

/ bx23 la210 loader hydraulic problem #7  
If you have your hydraulics plugged in wrong (at the quick connects), you'll get some wacky problems like your describing. Double check your color coding to make sure each line is fully connected and connected to the correct color.

John