Does anyone own a M8200 Narrow

/ Does anyone own a M8200 Narrow #1  

Robert_in_NY

Tractor
Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554
I am looking for a spraying tractor for my vineyard and orchard and realized I haven't even considered Kubota. So does anyone on here own or use a M8200 Narrow Kubota and if so what do you use it for, how well has it worked and is there any negative points about this machine?

Spec wise the Kubota is similar to the New Holland/Case-International and the John Deere narrow tractors but the biggest difference is the cab Kubota is 1500 pounds lighter then the NH/Case-IH and 1000 pounds lighter then the JD according to Kubota's comparison chart. If I go with the largest tires on the Kubota and go with the cast centers I can gain a 1000 pounds which would make it 500 pounds shy of the NH still and that bothers me a little. The lighter tractor would be nice at times with the soft ground but the main use of this tractor will be hooked to a 400 gallon windmill sprayer as well as pulling grape carts which hold around 3.5 tons of grapes at a time during harvest. On wet sloppy ground the added weight would be an advantage.

This tractor might also find itself hooked to a 9' discbine or New Holland 575 small square baler (wants 75 pto hp min. but will run on less) if it is needed so it mainly will be used for pto work and parked over the winter.

Looking over the specs I noticed something else, the wheelbase on the Kubota is 20 inches shorter then the NH. How well does this tractor ride and does it have an air ride seat? Since I hurt my back I have been more worried about the ride of the tractors and so far in my experience the longer wheel base equals a smoother ride but that doesn't always hold true.

Neil, if you read this you know my situation so what do you think. Is the Kubota M8200 Narrow something I should consider compared to the TN85FA? We do not have a lot of Kubota tractors around here in the vineyards. I know of a couple but they are older units. Of course I don't travel around the vineyards near the Kubota dealer very often to see if there are any new Kubota's over there but it seems JD and CNH have the vineyard market here and they take a lot of vineyard tractor trades in from the area around the Kubota dealer.

Thanks for your time guys.

/ Does anyone own a M8200 Narrow
   / Does anyone own a M8200 Narrow #3  
I know you are interested in Kubota comments - but I've only ever seen one actual narrow Kubota - they are not common in the orchards around here. I have a friend who has had good luck with Landini tractors in his orchard. They have a Rex Series in a range of power levels. I have always been impressed at how much power they put in a very compact package. Good pto power for driving a sprayer - and running a big flail to chop prunings.

The Kubota dealer here also sells Landini and Massey Fergusons. I just do not know how much longer he will be around. I have always like Landini tractors because they blend in with the rest of my tractors;)

The Case-IH dealer also sells the SAME brand of tractors and if I recall they are the same as the Landini except for sheet metal and color (just like Case-IH and NH). SAME and Landini are both part of Argo.

/ Does anyone own a M8200 Narrow #5  
The M8200 narrow has been around since 2000 and has been replaced in 2006 with the M8540 narrow. The M5700 narrow was the M8200 narrow's companion and has been replaced by the M7040 narrow.

Both generations are variants of standard tread tractors and have been well received - both the M8200 narrow and M8540 narrow have bi speed turn to allow you to turn to adjacent rows. The M5700 and M8200 narrows have been well used in Western states, have been reliable and earned a good reputation with end users and dealers.

The M8200 narrow is still listed on Kubota's website

The M8540 Narrow is an open station tractor and I need a cab tractor which is why I was looking at the M8200 Narrow as that is available with a cab.

/ Does anyone own a M8200 Narrow #7  
I believe that cast weights added will get you what you feel you are short. I often look at the fact of weight in the wrong place is worse then not having it at all. I wish I could move my stomach back up onto my arms and chest again! You might be suprised if you choose to get one.

Thanks Art, when I am able I am going to go to the local dealer and see if he has one and hopefully take it for a test drive. The short wheel base is making me nervous that the tractor will be bumpy on rough ground.