Snow Snow blower advice

/ Snow blower advice #1  

planesmith

Tractor
BX2350
Just got my new Kubota BX2350 with a 3 point Farm King snowblower & FEL. Big fun here after our first snow in Minnesota.

The blower works great but I am seeking some advice on on how to best setup the blower for use on tar. The blower has the round adjustable foot pads to control the height the unit is off the ground. The tractor came with the front of the blower adjusted downward where it initially acted like a scraper. The owners manual for the blower suggested tilting the blower back slightly which helped reduce the friction.

My concern is that the metal foot pads will tear up the tar. Do they make telfon skids for the bottom of the foot pads or the bottom of the blower so I don't have metal on tar?

/ Snow blower advice #2  
planesmith said:
... My concern is that the metal foot pads will tear up the tar...

One option to avoid damage from metallic foot pads is to affix adjustable casters to the base of the blower.

/ Snow blower advice #3  
I believe the idea is that once a layer of ice forms you are protected. I have skid shoes on my BX blower but I have a gravel drive. Until I get my layer of ice, I inevitably blow a wee bit of gravel out on my lawn to be found in the springtime when I meticulously hand pick each stone up and throw it back to the drive (to bad there isn't an implement for that). Tis year I BB'd my drive so I am discovering it is a lot worse. If your tar is level, I would not worry too much. Being that you are in a northern most location, I would believe that you will find the layer of ice is your protection and until it forms 'be careful'.

/ Snow blower advice #4  
On three point blowers on gravel its always good to leave the top link a bit short so the blower doesn't pick up the stones. With pavement it's fine to run it on the cutting edge to assist in ice removal.