b7100 HST trans problem when hot

/ b7100 HST trans problem when hot #1  

2manyrocks

I have an interest in maybe buying a B7100 HST. The only thing I have found out so far is the owner says the only problem she has had has been the tractor not moving when it gets hot. If it were just a clogged screen, looks like the tractor would have this problem whether it was hot or cold? Any ideas about what to look for?

/ b7100 HST trans problem when hot #2  
Please don't take this the wrong way but I would look for another tractor.

/ b7100 HST trans problem when hot #3  
2manyrocks said:
Any ideas about what to look for?

It could be something minor, but most of the minor things are it failing when cold. Hot sounds like clearances in the transmission. If you can buy it for 1/3 of the going rate and split the tractor yourself and repair the transmission yourself, you will probably save a little over buying a decent one to start with.

Either pay a Kubota tech to inspect the machine and give you a detailed estimate of what can be wrong, or

Look elsewhere.

jb

/ b7100 HST trans problem when hot
the owner is asking $2000 for this unit which is a 4 wheel drive with 5 foot mid mount deck and turf tires. I'm trying to figure out what questions to ask to see if it's worth messing with. If it's something minor, then I might give it a shot, but if it means tearing the tractor down, I have too many other projects waiting.

/ b7100 HST trans problem when hot #5  
Ask them how long it has been since the fluid has been changed. Watch their face when you ask. Sometime you learn more that way than from what they say.