HST pedal hangs

/ HST pedal hangs #1  

jruss

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX2200
I have a BX2200 with 600 Hrs. on it. Was using it today with a 48" box scraping and piling some dirt when suddenly the HST pedal quit returning to neutral and is also very hard to push down. Anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong. I have inspected the linkage, disconnected the damper with no success in locating the problem. Also tried cleaning and lubricating all linkage I could get to.

/ HST pedal hangs
Greased zerk as the first step in trying to correct the problem.
My neighbor, who sold me the BX, said that at about three months of ownership he had a similar problem with the unit and was told by the dealership that a bushing was replaced to correct it. I am going to try that repair and will post results .

/ HST pedal hangs
BX23Barry

After research with two Kubota dealers, I ordered the two bushings and the bearing that go into the HST linkage. In talking to the service manager at one of the dealers, he and I agreed that the problem was most likely in the linkage and he suggested that dirt or rust in the linkage was the most likely culprit.

After work this afternoon I took off the right rear wheel, the linkage outer plate (brite metal) is then plainly visable, I removed the 4wheel drive knob, drove out the pin holding the lever in place (as you will need the clearance) and had to grind off the corner of the lever to get the lower bolt out. I then removed the plastic guide for the levers on that side (slid up and out of the way). Then I marked the location of the HST neutral lever (VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!) and removed the other two bolts. Slid the lever up as much as I could (after removing the return spring) and looked at the linkage. Couldn't find anything that looked wrong so I moved the lever up and down several times and then decided to put all back together and lo and behold it works as intended. I do need to replace the dampener as it is slow to respond going forward.

If you need to go any farther you will need to remove the rops, fender assembly and the fuel tank as the 3pt. lever comes apart under the fuel tank and must be remove to get the HST plate compleatley off to repair the linkage. Also clean everything while you're in there as it looks like dirt was the culprit.

Hope you have both the service manual and parts manual for your unit, if not I would recommend you purchase them. The service manual is a joke at best, but not expensive.

Anythig else I can help with?

/ HST pedal hangs #6  
Kool. I was thinking something got in there and gummed up the works (or at least hoping). Yes, I have both the parts and service manuals. You are right about the service manual being junk, but it's better than nothing. I may get to look at it this week. Just got some rain so need to do some digging & tilling plus got a load of gravel to spread around.