Snow so many of you are blowing snow...

/ so many of you are blowing snow... #11  
allen in texas said:
sure are beautiful pictures.
I think I'll move there.

or not:D

That is one of the great benefits of living in the USA. You can live wherever you want to. I love our free country.

Allen (I'm an Allen too)

/ so many of you are blowing snow... #12  
I love winter!!!
Die hard snowmobiler-climbing a mountain,that only can be hiked,because now all the rocks are covered-what a rush.Going places in the back country only accessable in the winter.Carving a hard packed groomed trail at speeds autos travel on interstates.seeing wintering deer and moose yarded up for the deep snow season.
We all love seat time,you get alot of tractor time in winters in MAINE.pushing or blowing snow,pushing back bankings,scraping the drive down
Also winter means garage time .winter repairs,projects one winter i built a back hoe thumb,this winter im building a steel cab,and a quick hitch for my front end loader.Repairing and maintaining all the atvs,lawn mowers and all the toys of summer.Afresh coat of paint on this and that.Auto body work etc
Most of these things i have no time for in the summer.
Winter in MAINE means internet or for me TRACTOR BY NET,and talking to all my friends here.I would rather be here then in front of the tv!!
So if you think we are suffering with the cold and snow we are not.We are playing ,regrouping ,and planning for next summer.:) :)
ALAN
PS It was -4 f this morning and a foot of snow on the ground,but my garden is still going.Ever heard of parsnips in TEXAS?Makes my mouth water just thinking of them out there.

/ so many of you are blowing snow... #13  
I hate the cold but I love playing in the snow! :D

/ so many of you are blowing snow... #14  
Somewhere I saw an attachment for a FEL to clean the roof. Basically like the hand ones but mounted to a hinge on the FEL instead along with a chain or rope midway up the pole and attached to the top of the FEL so you could lift the pole but only gravity would push it down on the roof.

Seemed like a slick idea, but you would have to snow blow part of the yard to get some working room.

I am just glad to see you get'n some white stuff. I know Door Co WI and other Northern areas are way below average over the past several years. Without the snow on the ice, too much sea weed to water ski through in the summers ....

/ so many of you are blowing snow... #15  
I snow blowed 5 days in a row last week (Saturday thru Wednesday) - 3 feet in total.

The last five days have been sunny and cold, much colder than it has been for many years -8 this morning. I miss snowblowing in my new tractor. :(

/ so many of you are blowing snow... #17  
   / so many of you are blowing snow... #18  
I just bought an Avalanche Drift Buster with the extension pole kit so I could reach to the peak of my roof. Time will tell how well it works but I did have a chance to try it out a couple of days ago and it seems like it will perform as advertised. It's a simple but effective approach to getting the snow down by using gravity instead of muscle (which I don't have much of anymore).
-Len

/ so many of you are blowing snow... #19  
Well, we're looking at the mid-70s tomorrow around Charlotte. Can't say I like the cold weather but it's been so dry here we'd even take snow.

/ so many of you are blowing snow... #20  
We had a lot of black ice here on friday and today (Mon) we had 70 degree weather.. It was pushing 60's here on Sat/Sun

I wish we could get some snow

Brian