Snow so many of you are blowing snow...

/ so many of you are blowing snow... #21  
WBWI said:
This may look like a gimmick but it works. Avalanche Snow - Snow Removal Equipment for better Roof Maintenance
We had 50" of snow in the month of Dec a few years ago. My neighbor bought one of these and let me borrow it. I couldn't reach the peak of my roof but this cleaned off every inch I could reach.

I am definitely going to check that out tomorrow. We have a local dealer. The units come with 16 feet of pipe. I would think I would need at least twice that much to get to the top. I already have about 2 feet on my roof and at 60 I am tired of the struggle with roof cleaning. The alternative for me would be to hire someone.

/ so many of you are blowing snow... #22  
smfcpacfp said:
I am definitely going to check that out tomorrow. We have a local dealer. The units come with 16 feet of pipe. I would think I would need at least twice that much to get to the top. I already have about 2 feet on my roof and at 60 I am tired of the struggle with roof cleaning. The alternative for me would be to hire someone.

I was amazed at how well it worked. I was skeptical at first but it got the job done. It worked pretty much like the video shows :D

/ so many of you are blowing snow... #23  
WBWI said:
I was amazed at how well it worked. I was skeptical at first but it got the job done. It worked pretty much like the video shows :D

Which one do you have the 17" wide one, or the 24" wide one? I was going to get the 24" wide one. Also it comes with 16' of handle. I would need at least twice that much. How much handle length do you have?

/ so many of you are blowing snow... #24  
smfcpacfp said:
Which one do you have the 17" wide one, or the 24" wide one? I was going to get the 24" wide one. Also it comes with 16' of handle. I would need at least twice that much. How much handle length do you have?

I borrowed it from my neighbor 6-7 years ago so I really don't remember how wide it was. I would guess it was the 17" width. 16' seems like a lot at first but you have to keep in mind you are standing on the ground and are probably 8-10' away from the house depending on the roof pitch. I'd say 32' is reasonable.