Snow so many of you are blowing snow...

/ so many of you are blowing snow... #1  

allen in texas

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L 5740, loaded R1's w/640 lbs cast weight, 854 loader
and it's going to be 78 degrees here in the south plains of Texas today
Last night my dad and I hooked an old 4 row cultivator with 13 shanks up to my tractor and plowed the garden,. We had it set up kinda like a chisel or something, just to till it up a bit.
Pulled it 8' deep and it's was all the tractor wanted but it did ok. Traction was really the only problem.
The garden looks really good and now maybe it won't blow the rest of the winter.

I wish I had a video.
It was pretty fun and the fresh dirt sure smelled good.

/ so many of you are blowing snow... #2  
Ha Ha. First it is beautiful up here with a fresh coat of snow covering the landscape.
Second I have been in Texas in the middle of summer and it ain't pretty. While we are out doing yard work and playing around you guys are hanging on your swamp coolers for relieve.

I was in Dallas for a week when it was 110 in the morning and got up to 117 in the afternoon. I was also in Houston when it was 95 degrees with 90% humidity.

/ so many of you are blowing snow... #3  
I really enjoy the snow we get. We are able to ski, snowshoe and some like to snowmobile for three month's a year. In the summer we get to do the thinngs you are doing now. I guess I enjoy the extreme seasons we have here. I know personally I would not be happy in a climate like Texas.

FRONTH~2.JPG

FH.JPG

/ so many of you are blowing snow...
Well, where I live, it's a dry heat. LOL

BTW, it's going to be 32 with snow tomorrow.:(

/ so many of you are blowing snow... #5  
allen in texas said:
BTW, it's going to be 32 with snow tomorrow.:(

Stay home! We know how well your fellow Texans' drive in the snow. Kind of a real life lesson in applied physics. :D :D

Well, I'm one of the few Texans that can drive in the snow but I agree with your point.
Shoot it don't have to be snow, just let it sprinkle a little bit and half of these idiots are in the ditch.
That's ok with me tho', I usually made a couple of hundred bucks pulling people out when it snows. I just cruise the highway between my house and Lubbock and look for folks in the ditch. My 2003 2500HD Duramax 4x4 works pretty well for that.
Dang! I'm all excited now. Let 'er snow. :D

/ so many of you are blowing snow... #7  
smfcpacfp said:
I really enjoy the snow we get. We are able to ski, snowshoe and some like to snowmobile for three month's a year. In the summer we get to do the thinngs you are doing now. I guess I enjoy the extreme seasons we have here. I know personally I would not be happy in a climate like Texas.

FRONTH~2.JPG

I hate hot weather and I like snow too and love the seasons, but I have to say I draw the line at shoveling off the roof. I had to do that in 1979. I'm too old for that now.​

/ so many of you are blowing snow... #8  
I was up on my roof today checking out my woodstove chimney and I shoveled a little bit. I forgot exactly how much I hated to do that as I was slipping and sliding around, crawling up to the chimney on my knees in about 2 feet of snow. :(

/ so many of you are blowing snow... #9  
smfcpacfp said:
I was up on my roof today checking out my woodstove chimney and I shoveled a little bit. I forgot exactly how much I hated to do that as I was slipping and sliding around, crawling up to the chimney on my knees in about 2 feet of snow. :(

I can understand that. If we get enough snow where I feel the roof needs clearing I'll be hiring it done. I've got a big roof and old bones.

sure are beautiful pictures.
I think I'll move there.

or not:D