Kubota tractor parts?

/ Kubota tractor parts? #1  

farmguy

I'm considering buying a new M-Series (7040 or 8540), and I plan to keep it for a while for those you with older Kubotas are the parts easy to get for 15-25 year old tractors?

/ Kubota tractor parts? #2  
I don't imagine it would be a problem; have you thought of calling your local dealer with that question yet?

/ Kubota tractor parts? #3  
I'm not sure this can be answered definitvely. It is my impression from hanging around here that people are able to find parts for their older Kubotas. Some of them relate some pretty high prices.

But, the market is different now than it was 25 years ago. Kubota is selling a lot of tractors. So my guess is that there will be parts available in the future and possibly to a greater extent than they are now. But that's pure speculation.

You can check by Messicks.com or Tractorsmart.com and get an idea about parts availability.

/ Kubota tractor parts?
lp333 said:
I don't imagine it would be a problem; have you thought of calling your local dealer with that question yet?

I would already know the dealer's answer, because he wants to sell a tractor.

/ Kubota tractor parts? #5  
I do not know about Kubota parts availability in the future BUT...

In the automotive world, the availability of parts for older models is directly proportional to demand :) IOW you can find parts at reasonable prices for any automobile, of almost any age, that has a large number of current users who maintain them. This usually implies a make/model that originally sold in high volumes. But it can also apply to automobiles with "cult" followings. SO...

I'd guess that any high volume current Kubota will have parts available for a good while yet. Note: many Kubota owners use their tractors less than 50 hours a year. These babies are going to last a long, long time :)

20 yrs from now, you are more likely to find parts for your 2007/2008 Kubota than any other brand sub-compact or compact tractor, simply due to sales volume.

Talon Dancer

/ Kubota tractor parts? #6  
In the 25 years I've owned Kubotas (doesn't seem possible) I've found that parts are readily available, but it is rare that anything has been needed. Except for filters, a seat cover and some tail light lenses I can't remember needing much for a repair situation. I did break an internal shifter fork on my 1982 L345 - a new one was available right away and was not expensive. Another time I ordered some gears to convert my pto gearbox to have 2 speeds - everything was available fast even though they were definitely not parts they sell often.

/ Kubota tractor parts? #7  
The future's not ours to see but going by past experiences with one kubota tractor [B7100 HST] parts are readily avalable within several days.:D

/ Kubota tractor parts? #8  
Well, I have a b7100 gear that was made somewhere around 1977. So far I have been able to get every part I needed. The only tricky one was when I needed a new shaft/worm gear assembly for the steering. Apparently they had recently changed part number systems and the new part number wasn't the correct part. After about 2 weeks or so of the dealer saying "haven't heard anything, they are chasing it up with Kubota Japan to get the right part number" I sent an email via Kubota's website... including _no_ information about who my dealer was just the situation and when could I expect to hear something. Next day I got a call from the dealer saying "uhhh I heard you sent an email..." ;) he called later that afternoon saying Kubota found the correct part in stock at a dealer in TX and it would take about 5 days to get to me. Dealer wasn't overly thrilled that they responded better to a customer inquiry then a dealer inquiry ;) but I got my part.

Charles

/ Kubota tractor parts? #9  
WANTING TO KNOW,I RECENTLY BOUGHT A USED KUBOTA TRACTOR L225DT FOR ALL I KNOW THE GUY SAID IT EITHER COULD BE THE CLUTCH IS BAD,OR TOO MUCH TRANNY FLUID,ALTHOUGH FOR WHAT I PAID FOR THE TRACTOR EITHER WAY ITS A KILLER DEAL............

/ Kubota tractor parts? #10  
I owned a twenty plus year old Kubota(L2250) and I never had any problem with parts. My local dealer had many on the shelf. In general I think Kubota is very good in parts support.
Dave