Security & Theft 10 RTVs Stolen off dealer's lot in Central Texas!!

/ 10 RTVs Stolen off dealer's lot in Central Texas!! #11  
They are hauling drugs and illegals in Mexico with them now. New ad for the smugglers, be driven to the US border in comfort. Capacity 30.

/ 10 RTVs Stolen off dealer's lot in Central Texas!! #12  
bmiker said:
Rpoage cars & trucks have titles and are stolen everday .. I don't wont to pay the government anymore for title fees.

Title fees? How about sales tax!

/ 10 RTVs Stolen off dealer's lot in Central Texas!! #13  
bmiker said:
Rpoage cars & trucks have titles and are stolen everday .. I don't wont to pay the government anymore for title fees.
It would be interesting to see the recovery rates of titled cars and trucks vs untitled farm equipment. I suspect once your tractor is stolen it is kiss it good bye. :mad: I'm not looking to pay any more taxes either but I do want it to be really hard for some A hole to sell my tractor.

/ 10 RTVs Stolen off dealer's lot in Central Texas!! #14  
Construction equipment is probably the hottest big-ticket item for thieves in the midwest and LoJack is now offering their service to this market. Given their past record of stolen vehicle recoveries, it might be well worth the investment on a $15,000 machine, especially if you live in a region prone to higher auto and equipment thefts, for that piece of mind.

/ 10 RTVs Stolen off dealer's lot in Central Texas!! #16  
We had a truck stolen, full of kitchen appliances at a truckstop a couple years ago. The driver walked into the truckstop, remembered his wallet, and turned around and went back. Truck was gone, but the Qualcom people were immediately notified, along with GA/Fla police. They found the 3 men unloading it on a remote side road in north Florida into another truck. Qualcom isn't lojack, but if they don't cut the antenna, it works just as well.
David from jax

/ 10 RTVs Stolen off dealer's lot in Central Texas!! #17  
DBT said:
Having lived in New England where my house was broken into twice and had one car stolen. :mad: I'm really familiar with LoJack, these things really work. Got so the criminals would steal a car and leave it set in a neighborhood to see if Lojack was installed. If the cops didn't show up in a couple days it was off to the stripper. Cops had to stake out the cars to catch the crooks.
While there are a lot of hidden places to install one in a car it must be hard to get a good hidden location on a tractor? If I had to leave a piece of machinery outside I would sure be using one of these.
If machinery keep getting stolen we will all be paying higher insurance prices. When I added my BX to my home owners policy it was included at N/C but if this keeps up it will be more $$$.

Last edited:
   / 10 RTVs Stolen off dealer's lot in Central Texas!! #18  
Speaking of LoJack...... i recall earlier this year seeing a news story out of the Boston area where some theives stole a near new full size TLB that had LoJack in it. They were caught red-handed with the TLB on their tag-along behind their dump truck. I have to think the theives were completely stunned when they got caught !!

And on another note..... a good friend of mine was driving past a loacal gas station when he spotted HIS OWN suburban @ the gas pumps, some guy he didn't know putting a few gallons of gas in it (he is one of those guys who's truck is always on empty). He sat by and called the local police, who were there immediately. The police essentially let the two guysgo (on foot)..... telling my friend that all they would be able to charge them with was "unauthorized use of a motor vehicle", apparently not worth the trouble of doing the paperwork for???!!!! The officers explained that since they could not PROVE that the two guys DIDN'T INTEND to return his suburban, they couldn't charge them with the theft of it !!!!!! Why do i think so highly of my police ??????

/ 10 RTVs Stolen off dealer's lot in Central Texas!! #19  
What's the ballpark cost of LoJack? Do you have to pay a monthly fee?

/ 10 RTVs Stolen off dealer's lot in Central Texas!! #20  
Equipment dealerships are hard to secure. The township police dept is our neighbors, and we still get hit regularly.