Security & Theft 10 RTVs Stolen off dealer's lot in Central Texas!!

/ 10 RTVs Stolen off dealer's lot in Central Texas!! #1  

Hogzillanator

I was watching the news last night and Ewald Tractor in Seguin got hit in the middle of the night and 10 RTVs were stolen.

They interviewed the owner John Ewald who said they must have cased the place because they knew where the cameras were and where to exploit their weaknesses.

On the newscast, you could see the guys driving em right out in front of the camera but apparently they parked the getaway truck off camera.

The most unbelievable thing about this is that this dealership is literally located right off I-10, one of the busiest interstates in the country and practically next door to the county sherrif's offices and jail.

Every time I drive by that place on I-10, I look over at the tractors. You would think that somebody would have seen something.

Holy Cow! Talk about brazen! No place is safe!

/ 10 RTVs Stolen off dealer's lot in Central Texas!! #2  
I normally see semi's at my NH dealer in the middle of the night as they get there when they get there. So unless you knew better and the thiefs didn't look like they belonged why would anyone give it a second thought. Unless you seen them loading the RTV's up you wouldn't know if they were delivering or stealing. This is why a ATV dealers keep their inventory inside. These machines are small and fairly easy to take.

/ 10 RTVs Stolen off dealer's lot in Central Texas!! #3  
Probably like the tractors too, where one key fits all. Don't even have to hot wire them.

/ 10 RTVs Stolen off dealer's lot in Central Texas!! #4  
That many at once, I'd bet they are in a couple of containers and heading overseas somewhere...

/ 10 RTVs Stolen off dealer's lot in Central Texas!! #5  
Well hopefully the rest of us will get off our butts and install kill switches and other things to prevent this from happening to us!

My place has been broken into twice and the cops I talked to said that more burglaries happen during the day than at night. Thieves who look like they are supposed to be there simply load things up and take their time ....

/ 10 RTVs Stolen off dealer's lot in Central Texas!! #6  
Greetings,
Man, that's where my L35 came from - Ewald has been a name in Central Texas for some time now!
Pretty close to home........
They won't be shipped overseas......they will end up on deer leases and in private hands.
The bad thing is somebody innocent will buy one will take it in for service and get a big surprise!

/ 10 RTVs Stolen off dealer's lot in Central Texas!! #7  
I posted a comment on this topic once on another thread. It appears that all the Kubota dealers are being targeted by an organized gang. Every dealer in North Texas has been hit. Lynn Zimmer "Zimmer Kubota" said all of thier locations were hit. They are taking very specific items at each location, kind of like filling an order. In one case they had a BX24 come in for service, they noticed NO Serial numbers anywhere, called the cops, they did their thing and took the BX 24 etc...guy who brought it in said "I got it on ebay". Then that same night!! Gee lets see someone broke in and took a BX24! Guess the gang was making the client happy and replacing the one the cops took! Am sure we will hear a lot more about this in the future! No more parking the BX in the field or in site of the road, it stays in the barn!

/ 10 RTVs Stolen off dealer's lot in Central Texas!! #8  
Think of the used parts and acessories that someone could sell on ebay and nobody would ever know the difference, as long as the parts with the serial numbers weren't sold. Chop shops for tractors? Scarey thought!
Watch the wanted adds to see what tractor to steal next? Somebody needs a part, and the next day you have it at a good profit, sounds too easy.
David from jax

/ 10 RTVs Stolen off dealer's lot in Central Texas!! #9  
A couple of weeks ago I was at my local Kubota dealer and I commented to him that I was disappointed to find that my tractor didn't have a title. I was told that no tractor is titled but the RTV's are titled. Still seems strange that a $100.000.00 plus vehicle would not have a title? Pretty easy to have stolen a vehicle change hands when only a sales slip is required but easier to catch a thief with a title transfer gets run through a data base.

/ 10 RTVs Stolen off dealer's lot in Central Texas!! #10  
Rpoage cars & trucks have titles and are stolen everday .. I don't wont to pay the government anymore for title fees.