L2800 HST Pedal Question?

/ L2800 HST Pedal Question? #1  

PSDStu

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota, M7060 HDC12, L4060 HSTC, RTV 1140
Was looking at a L2800 HST at my dealer the other day and was wondering about the treadle pedal. I was wondering if anyone who has the L2800 HST could comment about the fatigue factor with that treadle pedal design? It looked a little bit uncomfortable but wanted to know from current owners if your right leg got sore after say a few hours of bush hogging?

Thanks

/ L2800 HST Pedal Question? #2  
My L3400 has the cruise control feature and I think the L2800 has it as well. This makes mowing a piece if cake! You set your speed and relax and for minor adjustments or sharp turns I use the cruise lever with my left hand. This to me is a really nice feature.

/ L2800 HST Pedal Question? #3  
Most tredle petals are meant to be used with the heal of your foot on the floor boards during continuous forward motion. The only way people have had difficulty with them is by leaving the foot on top of the petal and using it as a rocker for loader work.

/ L2800 HST Pedal Question? #4  
It is not an issue for mowing at all.

I find that the JD design is better for loader work, but the treadle pedal is not that big a deal - I've gotten used to it. I have not used a JD extensively for loader work but ergonomically I can see how it would be better.

When I am doing low speed reverse work - like snowblowing - put my foot UNDER the front treadle. I often find that more comfortable.

/ L2800 HST Pedal Question? #5  
I use the cruise on my L3400 in open areas. Mowing tight areas and snow blowing I just use the peddle.I rest my heel on the floor board and use the ball of my foot for forward and then use my heel for reverse. I find that going forward and resting my heel on the peddle does not cause much fatigue.'

My JD has the twin peddles. I think they are a bit faster but no more comfortable. The Kubota peddle is less susceptable to hitting the wrong peddle as I have done a few times on the JD.

I wear size 13's.

/ L2800 HST Pedal Question? #6  
Ditto on the cruise control for long runs. Other than that, the pedal is very comfortable.