Changing the Transmission Filter without draining all the UDT

/ Changing the Transmission Filter without draining all the UDT #21  
Very helpful - thanks. I've been scratching my head over the procedure in the manual and wondering how much oil would pour out if I just quickly swapped the filters. Now I know. Thanks again.

/ Changing the Transmission Filter without draining all the UDT #22  
TalonDancer when you changed your filters at 200 hours did you find any more metal on the magnetic ring like you did at 50 hours?
Ranger Rick

/ Changing the Transmission Filter without draining all the UDT #23  
Talon,

Next time try parking on a slope sideways, and changing the uphill filter, then reversing the orientation for the other filter.

If the slope is good enough (10 degrees), you may lose a total of 1 cup if that.

Also, what did your magnet show?

BTW, I save those magnets, and then tape them to the bottom of the motor oil filter and HST filter as well. (Tape keeps vibration from dislodging.)

/ Changing the Transmission Filter without draining all the UDT
Ranger Rick said:
TalonDancer when you changed your filters at 200 hours did you find any more metal on the magnetic ring like you did at 50 hours?
Ranger Rick
There was a very small amount of fine metal "powder/dust" on the magnetic ring.

FWIW this is about what I would expect for normal wear, based on experience with gasoline engines that have large diameter drain plugs with built in magnets.

Talon Dancer

/ Changing the Transmission Filter without draining all the UDT
RFB said:
Talon,

Next time try parking on a slope sideways, and changing the uphill filter, then reversing the orientation for the other filter.

If the slope is good enough (10 degrees), you may lose a total of 1 cup if that.

Also, what did your magnet show?

BTW, I save those magnets, and then tape them to the bottom of the motor oil filter and HST filter as well. (Tape keeps vibration from dislodging.)
Thanks for the tips.

Talon Dancer